Omniture

With sales sputtering badly, figured I'd have a look at the Omniture numbers today.

Clicked on the link for traffic reports which re-directed me to the store sign-up page.

I guess Omniture's gone then? Not a huge loss, because I didn't consider it all that accurate. But if nothing else, it was good for helping to identify upward or downward (mostly downward lately) trends.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Omniture

Hi! I went in and all was ok!

Has it been longer than 90 days since the last time you were in?

I believe if you don't visit at least once within 90 days they drop your data.....and you have to start it up again.....
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

???

To get to your Traffic Reports, you must start from your eBay store - Manage Your Store link.

Then, in panel at left, click on Traffic Reports

You will be asked to sign again and then your Traffic Report will appear if you have used it in the last 90 days.  Otherwise the information is gone..

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I've always been able to access Omniture reports by clicking the 'marketing tools' link on my 'selling' page. Below the 'manage my store' link is the 'traffic reports' link.

Not sure how yours works, but that's how mine has always worked, and I'm looking at it right now... not working.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Have you tried doing it through your store?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

And regardless of how you or I or anyone else gets to the 'traffic report' link, this is the page I get when I click on it...

http://pages.ebay.ca/storefronts/start.html

A page that is thoroughly irrelevant to me as the proud owner of an anchor store.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Just tried it using the 'manage my store' route... same result. A subliminal-speed 'page not found' followed by a re-direct to the store sign-up page.

Slightly disconcerting that I'm the only one experiencing this.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

It could be something as simple as a memory conflict within your computer.

Reboot, clear your cache (delete internet files). and see if that clears the problem.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I've tried accessing Omniture from here...

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

And here...

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

What Pierre says in #8. For about a week I have had to sign in, over and over. Like, sign in three times in a row with no other page and no error notifications.

Try printing nine shipping labels and signing in 25 times.

My computer is five years old. It does not like to be turned off as it forgets how to come back on. Don't leave IE open as it freezes. Firefox? Gotta re-boot that sucker every few weeks.
Photobucket
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Guess that was it. Darn near killed my computer and got the Mac 'spinning wheel o' death' for a good 15 minutes, but all seems to be working again.

Having said that, I almost wish I hadn't gone in search of the numbers I'm seeing. Yikes!

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I never look at numbers. Never have. Sort sighted, or, a belief that the "info" is at best ephemeral?

Buddy-o-mine is a cracker-jack auditor and sells auto parts as well. If I want to know anything, I just ask him.

What he does NOT do, and I have never done it, is the printing of reports. There are people who print this stuff out daily, weekly, monthly. I mean, like, it is 3¢ a page. These people are printing hundreds of pages a month and sticking them in binders.
Photobucket
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Pretty much. I already knew things were down, down, really down. So all the numbers really did was make me feel worse.

Sometimes looking at stuff like this will inspire action, get me thinking about better ways to do things.

Right now, I think I'm in a ride-it-out-and-hope-for-the-best situation, because I believe most of what ails sales is external. (summer/hackers/google/etc).

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

"wish I hadn't gone in search of the numbers I'm seeing."

What you see is what most of us see: huge drop from same time last year.  It is NOT a seasonal problem.

Fewer buyers are looking at "stuff".  The loss of viewers vary from seller to seller, from category to category.

Two main factors:

1) fewer links to eBay listings offered by Google on their initial search page (from mid May)

2) breach of information at eBay announced in late May.  Folks have been asked to change their password but many are hesitant to use eBay again.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Many of us are feeling the pinch lately.  Things were rolling along quite well over the last few months, and then May happened.  June was even worse.  I've worked very, very hard lately on my marketing and listings, and have garnered barely a handful of sales in the past week.  This is despite improved visitor statistics to my store shown on Omniture. 

I like the information Omniture provides, as it gives me a snapshot of where I am and where I should be going, but I don't print the results out and put them in binders! 

One thing I would add to what Pierre has said is that, after the cyber attack, on attempting to sign in to an ID which I hadn't used in a few weeks, I found it like trying to get through a maze with barbed wire stuck to me to get my password re-set.  It was anything but easy and simple.  I can imagine a lot of users who came back after the hacker event just said "the heck with this" and found other places to browse.  I think it will take quite some time for the buyers to come back (if they all do).  Personally I wish eBay would do more to market itself and reassure buyers to return. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Looks like mine, too Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 17
latest reply