PayPal Feedback and Suggestion Thread

amanda@paypal.com
Community Member
Hi All,

Please leave any suggestions and feedback you have regarding PayPal here.

Please note:

• Customer Service inquiries will not be answered on this thread because the thread is for feedback and suggestions only.

• Each post will not be responded to because there is not sufficient time to respond to do so. However, comments and suggestions placed on the thread will be read. All suggestions will be given consideration.

• Off topic posts will be deleted.

• Customer service inquiries that can be addressed in this forum will be moved to create a new thread.

The main purpose here is to get an idea of what buyers and sellers would like to see PayPal develop and how PayPal can improve to make things easier.

Best Regards,
Amanda
Message 1 of 177
latest reply
176 REPLIES 176

kittycaper
Community Member
I have a suggestion. I would really like to be able to let my buyer know how much I paid for shipping when creating a shipping label from Paypal. Either in the letter they receive from Paypal or printed on the shipping label itself. I usually charge less for shipping and would really like my buyers to actually be able to see it so they will know that I'm not overcharging on my shipping. It really would be great if we could have a choice either to display the dollar amount or not to.
Message 141 of 177
latest reply

Good idea...... what you're doing is admirable 🙂 I'd buy from you in a minute.... Nobody likes getting ripped off....
Message 142 of 177
latest reply

ronsgood
Community Member
I JUST RECIEVED A NEGATIVE VERDICT FROM A DEAL ON OCTOBER 17th SENT STANDARD DELIVERY TO SPAIN (IT MIGHT STILL BE IN MAIL)
THE BUYER REGISTERED ON OCTOBER 17TH -BOUGHT AND PAID SAME DAY--AND HAS NO ACTIVITY SINCE---
MY 1800 PLUS FEEDBACK AND THE FACT THAT I OPERATE A STORE AND AN ACCOUNT MEANS NOTHING--THE TIMEFRAME FOR DELIVERY 4-10WKS MEANS NOTHING---THE FACT THAT I HAVE THE POSTAL RECIEPT MEANS NOTHING---THE FACT THAT I USE PAYPAL AND PAY HEAVY FEES EACH SALE MEANS NOTHING----THE 1ST TIME BUYER GETS ALL THEIR MONEY BACK AND MY PRODUCT BECAUSE THEY CLAIMED IT HASN'T ARRIVED--------------WELL THATS FAIR!!!!!!!!!!! TO PAYPAL AND THEM

MAKING IT EASIER AND EASIER TO GET SCAMMED
Message 143 of 177
latest reply

beauceboys
Community Member
We can understand paper goods getting bent up via postal service(s). Have you ever thought of putting the paper item between 2 cut-to-size 1/2"sheets of styrofoam?, then into the envelope(bubble type?), we occasionally sell lp's and small paper items and use this method to package when we do....might add size to the (already small) parcel, but weightless and apprecaited by the buyer....pro's and con's to everything, so experiment!
Message 144 of 177
latest reply

Paypal service stinks, and I am now recommending to others not to use it.

The time it takes to transfer money from my bank account to my Paypal accoount is pathetically long and unacceptable.

Case in point: On Dec 27 I withdrew money from my bank account to transfer/deposit in my Paypal account.

My bank records indicate Paypal withdrew that sum on Dec 28 - one day later.

It is now Jan 6 - a full TEN days after the transfer, and a full NINE days since Paypal took that money - and it's still not in my account. Paypal now says it'll likely take three more days!!?!

This is the 21st century, not the era of the Pony Express. Electronic payments should not take longer than a day. 18th-century barques laden with molasses could make runs under sail from the West Indies to Newfoundland in faster time. There is simply no excuse that an electronic transfer takes longer than snail-mail deliveries to Australia. None!

I am curious what their lame excuse is. I am curious what that money - MY MONEY - is doing in purgatory and why I cannot even touch it. (Doubtlessly accruing interest for greedy Paypal.)

If they think this qualifies as service, then they are sadly deluded. I have a seller waiting for my Paypal payment. Two weeks is a bit long, yes? I am ashamed of the service, it is pathetic. I would have been far better to mail the payment.
Message 145 of 177
latest reply

TWELVE days and counting . . . Paypal has my money, and I still can't touch it.

Nice service ya got there.
Message 146 of 177
latest reply

Here's where you know that Paypal is not only unethical, but most likely Grade-A liars.

Their own "Electronic Funds Transfer Availability" statement says, quote:

"Note: The completion of your transfer is subject to your bank’s processing schedule and fund availability policies."

Question: If I transfer a payment from my bank account to my Paypal account on December 27, and my bank account records clearly indicate that Paypal withdrew that sum from my bank account one day later, on Dec 28, then where does Paypal get off inventing NOSESTRETCHERS to customers ELEVEN DAYS LATER by stating the delay is "subject to [my] bank's processing schedule"?

This lame finger-pointing disinformation looks and sounds suspiciously like FRAUD to me.

Nice business practices, Paypal.
Message 147 of 177
latest reply

fishinanytime
Community Member
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day!

I am a "newbie" om ebay from Canada and l am trying my best to get my head wrapped around eBay fees and PayPal fees. Below l will give an example of how l understand it. If l have made a mistake please enlighten me so l may better understand:

I live in Canada and have a 300.00 item for sale as an example. Below are the costs that l know of:

Start: 300.00
minus eBay insertion fee -4.20
minus sales add on extra pic -.15
minus "buy it now" add on -.23
minus "extra pic" add on -.15
minus final value5.25% of 300 -15.75
(say it did sell at 300.00)
minus 2.9% +0.30 transfer fee -8.70
minus less than 150 withdraw fee-.50
minus pay creditcard fee 4.9% -14.70
minus cross boarder payment
to my bank (Canada)3.9%+0.30 -12.00
minus Canadian/U.S dollar difference
lets say 1.00 Cdn = 0.97 U/S -9.00

GRAND TOTAL I GET FOR MY 300 ITEM =$234.62
OR 78% of sold price.
My math may not be 100% in this example
but am l on the right track to say after
all is considered l would get back about
75% of the sell price in my pocket Canadian
once Pay Pal and eBay take their amount?

Not cutting it up just want to have a better
understanding.

Thoughts or comments anyone?

Thanx Scott
Message 148 of 177
latest reply

yellowfinch10
Community Member
Wow, wow, Paypal is BAD, screwing us all! After the promise of MY MONEY being directly deposited into my account...5DAYS LATER, I finally see it...my first time, my last time! My customer got her item long before I got my money. Looks like ebay and paypal are in bed with each other, but we are the only ones getting screwed. You would think that after the huge fees they charged, they would be a bit more proficient. I think I will look for a different auction site. I have had far better results on craigs list, which is FREE, and I have been able to discount my items because I don't have to pay all the fees to these thieves
Message 149 of 177
latest reply

mroadster_dave
Community Member
I would like to suggest that in your terms of agreement you remove the ambiguous statements and be more specific. In the course of a documentary I am working on I have come across high numbers of canceled accounts that would have appeared to be perfectly acceptable based on your AUP. ie.
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
relate to sales of (e) items that are considered obscene (g) certain sexually oriented materials or services]

I might point out the case of a Canadian artist, Chris Wright who had few bare breasted paintings mixed in with his overall offerings. His PayPal service was canceled,yet the majority of people would find the paintings neither obscene or sexual in nature. I can find all sorts of movies on eBay that have sexually explicit scenes yet they accept payment via PayPal. True Lies where Jamie Lee Curtis does a striptease would be but one of many examples. I think it is important that if PayPal wants to promote their own moral standard, they at least should do so with some sort of consistency.
Message 150 of 177
latest reply

fourdish
Community Member
Item Title: NEOSAT PRO PVR FTA RECEIVER W/ NETWORK ADAPTER
Item Number: 170194569441
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170194569441
End Date: 21-Feb-08 10:50:12 EST
From User: mattbren (11)
mattbren is going to paid me cash $200.00 tomorrow, also pick up receiver at by house.
Message 151 of 177
latest reply

gkaly
Community Member
Why does it take so long for Echecks to clear. When I purchase items I make sure my back account has proper amount of funds. Yet it takes upto two weeks to clear. I have a good mind to close my Paypal account and pay by Money order from now on. I can send a money order in half the time it takes Paypal to clear Echecks.
Message 152 of 177
latest reply

championofsky
Community Member
Hello,

I just became verified over at Paypal.My question is when will it show up over here on my eBay account?

Thank You in advance for any help.
Message 153 of 177
latest reply

SHAME ON YOU PAYPAL

I know its your game and I have to play by your rules, but why do you have to be a financial bully?

Like several other people who have posted to this thread, I too reached that snding limit. Suddenly, with no warning, when I hit the PAY button to complete a purchase.

Cancelling my paypal account and opening a "new" one with a "new" credit card was no help, contrary to what a paypal rep, AND a supervisor told me.

Got automatically booted into your "expanded user program". Getting verified with the bank account to "protect" me. This is an absolute joke.

You have no respect for me as a buyer. You demonstrate no respect for the seller of the item I am trying to pay either.

Your "security model" based on your "statistical analysis" is an insult to me.

All dictators are benevolent aren't they? You do have MY best interests at stake here right? Why don't I feel happy with you anymore?

Paypal, sorry to have to say this , but our beutiful friendship has been severely strained by what you are doing to me.
Message 154 of 177
latest reply

Dear Pay"pal",
Now that I'm back in your good graces, and you will let me fritter my money away once again using your minions, just thought I'd drop you a line to say: "thanks".

You suceeded in getting my bank account number, so I naturally don't feel the same way as I used to about our former affair.
Message 155 of 177
latest reply

flashpointsonar
Community Member
Would it be considered fraud to add PST Provincial sales tax to a purchase for Ontario residents when no proof of a vendor certificate number issued by the Province of Ontario is either supplied, implied or offered when asked. Having owned and collected legally in a small business I now wonder if this is just plain illegal and not noticed?????? I have had two such purchases and no formal answer has been given or responded to.
Message 156 of 177
latest reply

boredhousewife*123
Community Member
Hi Amanda,

Ummm... I am a buyer only and am kinda iffy about using paypal check out with what I have been hearing. Been having problems already since I have both credit card and bank account on our paypal. We have a balance that was refunded to us and would like to use the paypal balance but lately paypal has been sending through e-check instead of our instant transfer. Would like to buy something and use the paypal balance not our bank account for the next few purchases. I am a little leary since reading these posts to buy anything now. How can I be sure paypal isn't going to screw with my order to the seller. Thanks
Message 157 of 177
latest reply

marjay2
Community Member
Amanda,
I am thoroughly fed up with the PayPal fees and exchange rate postings - although the CDN dollar has a higher marketable value than the US Dollar, I seem to only get about 89 Cents to the dollar after all the fees are paid. 10% commission???
What the hell! And since PayPal has cornered the market into a monopoly, I and others feel strong armed.
A very disappointed and distrusting member,

Jason
Message 158 of 177
latest reply

bromcon
Community Member
Paypal is nothing but a money gouge. The fees are outrageous, particulary on currency conversions where they get you coming and going. Talk to a decent economist kids, lower the fees to realistic levels and watch the transactions go up.
EBay used to be kinda fun - but I think I'm done.
Message 159 of 177
latest reply

joybell3
Community Member
Hey, anyone here who is posting that is upset about just having reached their credit card "sending limit" through PayPal, do this:

Call up your credit card company and complain that PayPal advertizes that credit cards are accepted but will not accept your card which is in good standing (if it isn't then you have nothing to complain about).

Any company, store, restaurant, hotel or online merchant, who advertizes that credit cards are accepted must honour that proclamation! Talk to someone at your card company. It may be that they will just record the complaint and tell you that "yes, we have lots of problems with PayPal" or they may fight with you and give you a new card number which you can then use on your PayPal account to start up a new sending limit.

Don't be like sheep and follow PayPal where they lead you. You CAN fight back.
Message 160 of 177
latest reply