Paypal Expediated Parcel (ENVELOPE)

I was shipping a small item to Alberta from BC in a box and I wanted to check what the price difference would be between selecting Parcel and Envelope.

When I pick envelope there are no dimensions, just weight.

So can I ship anything that can fit in a envelope and just enter the weight?

I distinctly remember under the old shipping interface that even after selecting envelope it still opted for the envelops weight and dimensions not just the weight?

**bleep**?

Nyd

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Paypal Expediated Parcel (ENVELOPE)

No. An envelope has to be no more than 2 cm thick and weigh no more than 500 grams.

Since you are new to shippiing, it would be worthwhile to remind you that Canada Post went metric in 1974 and every other measurement will be guesswork.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The dimensions did come up but there was also a note stating that the dimensions were just needed for parcels.  I never really understood why they had the parcel /envelope option for expedited  since the price is based on dimensions and weight, not the type of packaging. I think that when referring to envelope they mean a document type package, not a huge bubble envelope that is stuffed full as that would be considered a parcel.  With a document type envelope the rate can be based on weight only as it would be too small for dimensional shipping to kick in.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

No. An envelope has to be no more than 2 cm thick and weigh no more than 500 grams.

Since you are new to shippiing, it would be worthwhile to remind you that Canada Post went metric in 1974 and every other measurement will be guesswork.

Those dimensions are for lettermail/oversize not expedited parcel.

The OP has 400+ seller feedback so I wouldn't say that they are new to shipping. 🙂

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yeah I was going to mention that expedited "parcel" isn't letter-mail.
Some people answer the question they want to rather than what was asked lol

Nyd

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Is there a price difference between parcel & envelope?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

No. If it is thicker than 2 cm or weighs more than 500 g, it doesn't matter what shipping container* you use for your order-- box or envelope -- it will still be a considered a parcel

*They might draw the line at tin can or live goat, however. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

No

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Is there a minimum size for Expedited Parcels? I'm too lazy to look right now. Can you send a thank you-note sized envelope as a parcel if you want tracking on it? 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

That's what I thought but I was't sure if I was missing something.

I've never understood why they make that distinction.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply