Paypal exchange just jumped.

If anyone is interested the exchange rate paypal was giving to convert your USD just took a nice jump to over 21%. I've been waiting a long while now for the right time to convert and just did.

HTH!
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Figures!
I transfered over 5 grand yesterday at 1.20335. (I thought that was pretty good, considering how low its been lately!)
Thanks for the heads up though!
Axe
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

US Dollar up against the CA$ by 3 cents over the past 16 hours.

Will it continue? Sorry but I'm not Kreskin!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

You still did alright Axe...it went down to just over 15% during the last week....hasn't been over 20% in a while.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Try like 1.22857 this morning 🙂

Cheers
Bernie
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Yeah!
I just moved some more over! Thanks!
Axe
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

handmadefun
Community Member
It's 1:50pm now.
The rate is 1.23

Cheers!
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Starting to fall off....down a full cent since the peak at 11:00am Eastern.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Yep...just saw that...thanks! If I only moved it this morning instread of yesterday...lol...it could have gone down too. It's a gamble and even the experts don't know where it's going to go these days!
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

The CA$ rose 1.5 cents, seemed to peak about 10 minutes ago and his starting to head down again.

Put a chart on your desktop and get dizzy!

By the way, on BNN they were just discussing the Volatility index....looks like we may be heading back to chaos similar to Nov/Dec (this is more in reference to stock prices).

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I've been holding out for the right time to convert in the last two weeks and it just took a jump from paypal (was under 22% last night and is almost 24% right now) so it's a good time to convert if you're in my boat.

HTH!
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

handmadefun
Community Member
USD$1 = C$1.239

Nice~~~:^O
Everyone have a great weekend!
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

bestbranddeals
Community Member
that is good if you have money in USD. I have some probably should exchange now.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I'm confused a bit, where is the 1.239 from? I checked earlier and again a moment ago and both times it was 1.252 I'm suspecting that you're using the currency converter? In my experience currency converter always comes back lower than what you get if you go almost all the way through a withdrawal. If I go all the way to the 2nd last step of a withdrawal, it comes up with 1.252. I never use the currency converter for this reason. I'm just asking so I understand why we're seeing a difference. Have a great weekend!
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

it comes up with 1.252

About right, the mid-market rate over the past 3 hours has been close to 1.275, it was lower (1.265) briefly during the mid-afternoon.

There will be very little fluctuation over the weekend until things get going in Asia on Sunday Evening. Important economic numbers coming out Monday and likely a bank rate cut on Tuesday. Both are probably going to be negative for the CA$, I suspect the recent fall is in anticipation of these events.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

It must have changed in the little while since I posted. I just checked and got exactly 1.23943.
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

PP is offering 1.25311 on March 2 @ 15:10 UTC but that's still behind what it should be (wholesale x-change is at 1.2846). Expect the PP rate to improve in our favour during the course of the day.

Cheers
Bernie
Message 17 of 17
latest reply