Paypal label is incredibly tiny

Not sure what happened, but since about a week ago, anytime I try to print a label from paypal, it's about a tenth of the normal size. Freaking tiny. Same thing on different computers. What's going on?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Paypal label is incredibly tiny

I'm having the same problem now for about a week.  I went to the Paypal answer board but on one has answered. So I went directly to Paypal.com where I found another gentleman complaining about same thing. His answer was that PayPal was having a problem that they are trying to fix. Obviously they haven't since its been now over a week. This mean no discount for shipping  because now we must go to the PO to ship. Have no idea when they will get around to fixing it.  I have voided so many labels now that i have given up even trying.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Which browser are you using?

Sometimes using a different browser will make a difference.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I printed 5 labels today, just the same as usual, nothing tiny as you said.  It must be your computer??

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

no it was the same for me, and I have not changed any settings or browsers, I had a problem a few weeks ago too that I contacted ebay shipping about and they said they were having problems, but it was fixed within the day...I need to ship 4 parcels today and I hope you are correct that they have fixed it as I am still waiting for a refund on the last labels I had to void that did not printSmiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Hello! 

I am trying to print Canada Post shipping labels to ship what I sold and I am not able to do it...

I always do it and never had a problem but this time the label appears too small on the printing page and after being printed. This happens with all sorts of shipping labels. 

It does't seem to be a problem from my printer or from printing preferences because I print other things and the measurements are well and the printed result is perfect.

Honestly, I think there's something wrong in Paypal or with Canada Post through Paypal. Maybe the programming code that inserts the shipping labels' measurement is not well.

Did anyone had the same problem?

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Woman Frustrated

I'm seeing that it's not only me..

When are they going to fix this..? 

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I am getting the same thing as well. It is just one thing after another with PP shipping.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I was able to print normal labels after getting some of those tiny labels. I switched browsers from Google Chrome to Firefox and the labels worked, that was around 10:00 am monday nov18. I am not a computer whiz, but maybe there was some recent updates with Google Chrome that is not working well with Paypal labels now. It, as always, may tke time for Paypal to notice and fix this issue. Can anyone report that they are not able to print with Firefox or IE? 

I know how frustrating it can be when Paypal or Ebay systems are not working proper, I thought I would share what is happening for me to possibly help others figure things out. 

Cheers

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I tried with Internet explorer and works. Before I was in Chrome. 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

That worked. I am with chrome and I switched to Explorer and it worked.

Would have been nice if Pay Pal or Ebay could have put out a notice that they were having problems instead of me having to waste time thinking that it was my computer or my printer.

Thanks All

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

In eBay/Paypal's defense, the problem with some glitches is not caused by eBay/Paypal but by browser updates that are automatically downloaded and installed by an eBayer's computer. 

When a browser (any one, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Apple Safari, Opera, etcetera) update is released, it can break some parts of the eBay system programming code. eBay does not get advance notice of the browser changes and has to diagnose and fix issues that happen when these changes come out. It takes time to diagnose the issue and figure out how to fix it without making issues for other parts of the eBay system.

Since the various browsers are updated at different times by their programmers, this may be why an eBay/PayPal page breaks on one browser and not on another.

So it is best to have more than one browser installed so that you have a backup browser to use when your main browser does not work.

Annoying but not eBay/PayPal's fault that the browser changed and broke their code.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Annoying but not eBay/PayPal's fault that the browser changed and broke their code.

But 'poco', why is it that for the entire year or more prior to early 2013, Paypal/Pitney-Bowes/eBay was able to provide reliable, consistent, first-time-every-time labels without a hitch?  

If browser updates are the culprit, surely these were occurring in 2012 and prior years as well?  I never had a single, solitary issue with Paypal labels before Tracked Packet was introduced, and we all know what happened with that.  

My suspicion is that some part of PP/P-B programming that ensured labels worked seamlessly with eBay and popular browsers has somehow been mucked about with in the effort to make TP work.  

I'm just so tired of having to constantly find fixes at my end for features that are promoted to sellers as "time-saving" and "efficient" that have not worked reliably since early 2013.   

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I can't explain why in a particular case such as yours but can only comment that some glitches are partially caused by browser updates.

On another note, I was researching the PayPal printing issue and as I understand it, the PayPal label is in Adobe PDF format. Sometimes an update to Adobe Acrobat reader of whatever PDF reader is installed on your computer may fix/cause the problem.

What PDF reader and version do you have installed? Just curious if the PDF reader is a cause of the issue.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

I had the same problem this morning...I switched to internet explorer (I was using chrome) and was able to print my label correctly. Obviously this problem is caused by the Chrome browser. 

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

Wish I had of read these first. I have been using the shipping system for years without issue. I cancelled the label, now I will have to wait a month or so and fight with paypal to get refunded. 

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Hello,

We were having problems with printing PayPal shipping labels.

One PayPal technician told us to clean out our cookies and cache

which we had not done in two or three years.

We did that and have had no problems since.

Worth a try.

Thanks.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Anyone got a workaround?, i tried with firefox, chrome, explorer and opera.

firefox dont print at all

explorer print on 5 pages

opera is the same as chrome

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Hi everyone,

PayPal is aware of this issue and they're requesting additional info. Can some folks please take a bit of time take screenshots and send them my way? 

Important information to include:

• Browser
  • Exact steps taken
  • Screenshots/pictures taken of printed label

Looking forward to resolving this one with your help.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

A member emailed with steps & screenshots (thanks!)... unfortunately I accidentally deleted the original email & only have the contents they sent through, but not their email address. If you dropped me a note, can you please send me a follow up so I can respond?

PS - PayPal confirmed that Chrome is not the most compatible browser to use, so FireFox & IE would be best to help with this issue.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 20 of 25
latest reply