Person Bidded on item then demanded a refund 2 days after ? should i charge restock fee?

Person Bidded on item then demanded a refund  2 days after ? should i charge restock fee?specially after I paid to have it packaged and ready to send but as I was about to hand it to the post lady , the message came in on my phone, whining about the shipping fee being too high

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Person Bidded on item then demanded a refund 2 days after ? should i charge restock fee?

Standard International Shipping

I list on .com and that is my shipping pricing option for shipping from outside the US. I ship from Canada, but, dot com does not have a shipping option for "from Canada". I use flat rate, so, it does not really matter where from.

I am still puzzled by the expedited you are seeing.
Photobucket
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Re: Person Bidded on item then demanded a refund 2 days after ? should i charge restock fee?

"What? Give me a for example excluding Canada as Expedited Canada is the cheapest rate."

I don't know what you mean by that? I am in Canada, and just noted that 75% of a sample of your listings show me that the cheapest option is by Expedited Parcel, which includes tracking by default. You made the statement that you have only used tracking in 0.0001% of your sales (1/9000).

Did you mean to say that you've only used tracking in 1/9000 international sales?

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Dino, sorry, I was watching World Cup and responding at the same time. I was cheering for Costa Rica but knowing the Dutch should win.

I have used tracking many times, when it  was included with the cheapest option, ie: Expedited. The cheapest option was only when the parcel weight exceeded 1 K. Sometimes, I upgraded the customer to Expedited, when under 1K, due to other reasons, but, never for my own "protection". That is what condoms are for.

I have actively sought tracking once in 9000+ sales.

I am in Canada and list on .com. The .com options for shipping are as you quoted I use. I use flat rate and not calculated. I do that for simplicity, customer adding, etc.

I am puzzled by your notation that shows I have chosen "expedited", like, anywhere. Seriously, that makes me wonder what I have selected that you are seeing, that, as I do not believe that was a conscious choice on my part. Often, we are not aware of what we have done until someone points it out.

Let me re-phrase about tracking. I have actively sought it ONCE in 9000 sales. That was when I was having difficulties with Eastern Europe and the Russian Federation, oh, about 2 1/2 years ago. Sometimes, it is the only choice available, such as over 1K to the US. or, the cheapest, within Canada, Using Paypal Shipping.

I do not use tracking or insurance as I consider my only possible loss to the cost of shipping. The widget is only possible profit. If I added up all my "possible" profit, Donald Trump would be working for me.  I am not emotionally involved with what I sell. The sale goes fine, the sale goes fine, it doesn't, it doesn't. None of that makes any difference in my life.

I am able to separate personal and business.

How much have I lost through malfeasance? I do not know and I do not care. To me, it is simply a cost of business. In my business, a very small cost, less than the cost of bubble mailers.

Matter-o-fact, I picked up a case of packing tape, a case of plastic wrap, and a large sack of packing peanuts, last fall, at such a discount, that will pay for all my shipping losses for a couple of years! 🙂

I do not "line item itemize". I do: sales minus costs = profit.

Photobucket
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

"I am puzzled by your notation that shows I have chosen "expedited", like, anywhere. Seriously, that makes me wonder what I have selected that you are seeing, that, as I do not believe that was a conscious choice on my part. Often, we are not aware of what we have done until someone points it out."

---------

I chose one of your listings at random and took a couple of screenshots. It is item number 251574458352.

This is as viewed on ebay.ca with location set to my postal code in Winnipeg.

Main page of listing: http://i.imgur.com/QqPQBUH.png?1

Shipping specifics: http://i.imgur.com/3P1bcM6.png?1

That is the exact format that I saw on 75% of your listings (in my admittedly small sample size). Did you not intend for this to have expedited shipping?

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

As buyer I received ALL parcel I bought from all over the world. All without exception and for Hundreds of transactions in the past year.

I'm curious to know how many of your parcel with tracking number were lost in the mail ???

Message 25 of 25
latest reply