Please, some advice would be welcomed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These days, I have so much trouble with items on EBay: these past few weeks, about 10 people not paying items they bidded on, I bought without knowing it was, a counterfeit and seller didn't want to reimburse me (finaly did) and this: bought at least 11 items from Australia (15 of December) and not received. I opened a non received item case and seller was so mad at me ("I'm disappointed at you, gonna lose money, my kids near schoolgear, I' m out of the hospital...)

The seller ask to close the dispute arguing Ebay took all of her or his money in her account ................!!!!! I bought other items from an other seller from Australia at the beginning of January and have already received them. Should I close the dispute, the sellet doesn't have any tracking number but says it will surely be delivered. I kind a feel bad 😞

Thank you,

What a week.........

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

"Should I close the dispute"

No. Absolutely not.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What type of shipping were the items sent by? Was it the same shipping service that the january items were sent by?

Was there more than one shipping service to choose from and did you pick the cheapest? Was the cheapest a surface shipping service?
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hello again and thank you for your response.

It was sent with "AusPost Air Mail Parcel" for the items I didn't receive and with "Standard International Flat Rate Postage" for the items I have received.

She said she didn't have a tracking number for my items because it is too expensive to ship with that kind of service. I told her that without any tracking number, she is not protected. Well guess what, she added one in the system with the items I bought.

What Am I gonna do now? She has provided a tracking number that maybe is fake because she told me she didn't have any...Please some advice, please oh please.

What a ordeal,

Youckoulele

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hello again and thank you for your response.

It was sent with "AusPost Air Mail Parcel" for the items I didn't receive and with "Standard International Flat Rate Postage" for the items I have received.

She said she didn't have a tracking number for my items because it is too expensive to ship with that kind of service. I told her that without any tracking number, she is not protected. Well guess what, she added one in the system with the items I bought.

What Am I gonna do now? She has provided a tracking number that maybe is fake because she told me she didn't have any...Please some advice, please oh please.

What a ordeal,

Youckoulele

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Leave dispute open until item arrives. Then cancel dispute.

If item does not arrive before max time limit, escalate.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

How is her English? A lot of 'Australian' listings are actually from Chinese sellers.

It was sent with "AusPost Air Mail Parcel" for the items I didn't receive

Those should arrive within 30 days of purchase. And I guess the seller actually is in Australia.

If she used Paypal for a shipping label, it will tell you what kind of service she actually purchased. I don't think I would take her word for it.

You have 45 days to open a Dispute and the Dispute allows up to another 20 days for resolution.

She said she didn't have a tracking number for my items because it is too expensive to ship with that kind of service.

Likely true.

I told her that without any tracking number, she is not protected.

Probably not wise.

Well guess what, she added one in the system with the items I bought.

You can check that number in the Australian Post Office website. Not sure if it will give the address it is going to. But very probably fake since you can't add a number after shipping.

In any case, it isn't tracking she needs it Proof of Delivery. And it hasn't been delivered.

What Am I gonna do now?

You have opened an Item Not Received Dispute?

You have still not received the parcel?

Give it till Friday, then escalate to a Claim and get your money back.

If the parcel eventually does arrive, then you can use PP's Send Money service to refund the refund. Shock the pants off her by acting ethically and not a sookie-baby like her. But if it really is coming by Surface, that could be a couple of months down the road.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hello it's me again and BTW, thank you ever so much for all of your responses, really appreciated.

Just to let you know the sequel of my story:

- the first set of items I bought from her just arrived safe and sound yesterday. So, I cancelled the non-received item cases and wrote her a note saying her parcel had arrived. 

- but it's awful to feel cheap by opening these cases, 'cause you are just protecting yourself by following procedures.

- I hated when she said: " I'm so dissapointed at you, I trusted you......" 

-Anyways, leave and learn, and I hope I will also receive her second set of items, otherwise, this time, I WON'T feel cheap or bag by protecting myself :-)))

Bye for now,

Kind regards,

Youckoulele

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

"I hated when she said: " I'm so dissapointed at you, I trusted you......"

Perhaps the seller is new, and inexperienced? 

There is no reason for the seller to say that - it's business. And the fact you cancelled the dispute quickly means she can trust you.

Don't let her comment change your behaviour in future transactions.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply