Question about the new Powerseller program

I have a question in regards to the new powerseller program and have been reading the new guidelines. I would like some clarification on the following point:
Canadian sellers will be able to qualify for the US Top-rated seller program by meeting the same criteria as US sellers, based on their DSR's from US buyers. Sellers meeting the US criteria will be eligible for the 20% discount for listings on eBay.com and eBay Motors.

Does this mean I have to list all my items on ebay.com and change my store to .com or would I still qualify when I list on ebay.ca?

I changed all my listings over a year ago to .ca when I could not specify a reasonable shipping cost for books.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Question about the new Powerseller program

I think I just found the answer:

Starting April 2010, there will be a new discount structure for PowerSellers on eBay.ca, eBay.com and Motors:
For listings listed on eBay.com and eBay Motors: 5% for PowerSellers and 20% for PowerSellers with US Top-rated seller status

For listings listed on eBay.ca: 5% for PowerSellers and 20% of PowerSellers reaching US Top-rated equivalent standards based on transactions with all buyers, not just US buyers.

Now, if I understand this right, it is to my advantage to list on .ca since all transactions will count, not only transactions to the US?

I don't want to sound paranoid, but I worked hard to get my 20% discount and I don't want to loose it. With sales the way they are during the summer, it is difficult enough to keep the numbers up.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I don't think anybody really understands this yet.

As far as I know ( and I could be wrong), being a top seller in the US means that the DSR's for US shipments must fulfil the qualifications.

So, if you list on .ca, the only way you get the top seller status in the US is to have less than 3 1's or 2's for shipments to the US.

I think. Maybe. -------------------------------------------------------------------

It is our similarities that make us all human - it is our differences that make us all interesting

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you visit your seller Dashboard while you're on .com, you should see a link at the top of the Dashboard that shows whether you're going to qualify or not. -------------------------------------------------------------------

It is our similarities that make us all human - it is our differences that make us all interesting

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Now, if I understand this right, it is to my advantage to list on .ca since all transactions will count, not only transactions to the US?

It depends on a) how many non US feedback dsr's you get, and b) are you more likely to get 1's & 2's from US buyers or all others.

If for example you only get 1's & 2's from US buyers then listing on .ca would be easier to get the 20% discount. If your 1's & 2's comes from overseas then better to list on .com

To date I've been getting 5%, the occasional 15% and 20% only one month. I expect it will be much easier for me to qualify for the 20% on a consistent basis under the new rules.

My complaint de jour is that as I list on .ca and for practical purposes cannot change to .com so that leaves me waiting until April to get off the old system.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your replies!

I did check yesterday to see if I qualify and I did. But today, I cannot see it at all. It says that the qualification snapshot cannot be displayed at this time.

I sell 99% to the US and the other 1% is Canada and International.

I just find those guidelines very confusing but think that the new rules are better for small sellers. My stuff is normally under $10 and it is difficult to reach the sales minimum. Under the new rules, I have no problem. My DSR is good.

When I check at .ca it is 4.9, with one 4.8. When I check on .com, it's all 5.0.

Also, when I look at my search standing, it is standard in Canada and Raised on the US site.

I would really hate to make another switch and re listing hundreds of items; but, if it gives me better exposure there, I will do it.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Also, when I look at my search standing, it is standard in Canada and Raised on the US site.

Their is no "raised" status on .ca, only standard and lowered.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

" if it gives me better exposure there, I will do it."

Different strokes for different folks.

Recped generally lists on eBay.ca and is satisfied with the overall results.

I generally list on eBay.com and am satisfied with the overall results.

It would be nice if one answer could apply to all Canadian sellers but it does not appear to be the case. We all sell different "stuff", in different categories, using different listing tools, to different markets, in different price brackets with different policies.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply