Refund madness

megdelanakaishi
Community Member

I didn't get an item after I had a guaranteed 15 - 28 day delivery time. It was over a month ago and he is known for not sending items he sells.

The Ebay tracker says nothing not even marked as shipped and in transit & the parcel doesn't exist in post services after several searches. Got a refund, but he expects payment again later if I do eventually get it.

Is that in the regulations?At this point I really am upset with the fact I didn't get the item in time for Christmas as I had presumed...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Refund madness

Have to be patient with china sellers, i buy allot from china, you have 45 days to open a dispute, ems items commonly take 30 + days... just declaring its free after xx days is unfair to the seller....among other things 😮

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Refund madness

megdelanakaishi
Community Member

I buy a lot from China as well, but I always have had the item in the time that they have told me also I always have been able to track it in the past. This item doesn't exist. I tried their tracker site they use and I got nothing, I don't think it is ever coming

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Refund madness

Expecting tracking on a eg/ $12.99 item from china or any overseas location is unrealistic. "I am waiting way too long for the item and the tracking # isn't traceable"

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Refund madness

aqyera
Community Member

megdelanakaishi, 15-28 days is not sufficient for overseas mail. Sometimes it comes, sometimes it takes 6 weeks, sometimes even longer.

If you want something fast, buy locally. If you want it cheap from eBay from China seller, learn to wait. You are what sellers call a Buyer from Hell and don't be surprised if many sellers won't sell to you.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Refund madness

myuserid_me
Community Member

Hi megdelanakaishi,

I don't mean to gang up on you here, but why on earth would you buy an item from China that you needed for Christmas from a seller you believe "is known for not sending items he sells"?

Are you quite sure you were guaranteed 15-28 day delivery? I checked some of your seller's non-private listings, and he clearly states that 12-28 days delivery time is an approximation, and recommends courier service if you can't wait. (By the way, I normally assume those are working days, not calendar days. 28 working days could easily translate to over 6 weeks transit time counting Christmas holidays.)

I understand that if you believe your item was never shipped that is frustrating. However, your money was refunded, and you can't know for sure what happened. Perhaps the package is still on its way.

From what I've read in many sellers' listings, negative or neutral feedback can be very costly to their business. I personally would avoid using either except in an extreme circumstance.

Anyway, good luck to you. Happy ebaying:)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Refund madness

closeupfanatic
Community Member

When you buy outside your own country, eBay tells you clearly that international shipments take longer. There is NO guarantee. I think you misunderstand the reality of international post.

I've had lots of things arrive from China in 5 days. And, I had a tracked shipment take almost 2 months from California (45 days from San Francisco diddling up the west coast to Vancouver entry, 2 days Vancouver to Ontario in one case!) It all depends on who feels like working along its route.

The seller didn't have to offer you a nickel - hope you gave him good enough feedback to compensate him for his loss.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply