Says item shipped on Oct 10th. Got email today saying they are shipping today Nov4th? Lied?

kokojjh
Community Member

Bought a pair of pants from a dealer in China (free shipping).. States shipped on Oct10th.  Just got an email today saying they are shipping the item today , Nov, 4th, and it will be another 25-35 working days to get to me??  Very angry, what should I do.

Thanks Jennifer

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Says item shipped on Oct 10th. Got email today saying they are shipping today Nov4th? Lied?

You can wait another 10 days, just in case there was a mistake and you receive your item. However, do not let the 45 days expire. Open an Item Not Received claim on day 43 or 44. Once a dispute is opened, PayPal gives you another 20 days before transforming the dispute into a claim. If at day 19, you still didn't receive anything, transform it into a claim. If you receive your item, just close the case.

And if the item shows up after the claim is closed and you got your refund, just send the same amount to your seller through PayPal.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I just realised that the day you paid and the day the item was shipped may not be the same... When did you pay for your item?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Paid for on Oct10th, then they lied and said they shipped on the 10th.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

It may be a lie or they may suddenly have realized that a batch of parcels fell under a table and was not in fact sent. Or the email may not be accurate and the item was shipped when they first said.

Doesn't matter.

Count 30 days from the day of the payment. If you have not received payment by then, open an Item Not Recieved dispute. Do not allow the seller to put you off with promises of replacements. Refund only.

I would allow it to stretch a little more if the company were not so confused about what they have and have not shipped and when.

As stated, it is possible to refund a refund if the item finally does arrive.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

OK, thanks.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Lately there seems to be a rash of NON-shipments and when you write to the seller they give you rather quickly a refund. Out of 42 items not received after  21 days , I have received  only 2 in the pat year afterwards.

I hate wasting my time and am seriously thinking about cancelling my account. A contract should be a contract and penalties imposed if not fulfilled.

Be cautious and after 21 days put into resolution centre and after 30 days turn it into a claim and at the same time leave a negative feedback.Change that negative feedback sparingly and do not listen to the sob stories. pure BS.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I would not advise leaving negative feedback at the same time as the case is opened. You have another 15 days for that and by then all may be resolved.

Remember that it is difficult to remove negative feedback and that any feedback you leave will be reviewed by future buyers and sellers. Calm and factual is most effective.

Also, you can leave a Response to any feedback, seller or buyer, indefinitely.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

If you are going to order from Asia, I am sure that in at least some cases, it can take 30 days for your purchase to arrive so to open a case and give a negative at 21 days doesn't seem right. It is also a good idea to check your sellers feedback before you buy an item. 99% might sound high but the norm on ebay is probably closer to 99.7-100%. I would hesitate about buying from a seller that has less than 99.5% for feedback. There are definitely some bad sellers here but there also many many good ones. It can pay to do a little research before buying.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I have purchased some items from China and it took over a month to reach me in Canada. I have received messages that they have holidays different than ours etc and to be patient. So maybe the same thing is happening in your case. International shipping does seem to take forever. I am learning a lot as a seller...my customers might have to wait a while (unless I can find an extremely fast shipping provider - and probably have to pay outrageous postage fees to get it to my customers fast). Local shipping/buying seems more convenient

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

On the third hand, dozens of flights arrive in Vancouver every day from China and there is no reason for using Surface shipping which can take two months, well after the 45 days deadline for claims allowed by eBay and Paypal.

Add to that, China is a country with no Rule of Law and a merry disregard for details like copyright rules and safety regulation, and there is good reason to be firm with Chinese sellers.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

There are also some sellers who mark an item shipped, even though it hasn't been shipped, just to keep there TRS status.  They might not actually ship it until a few days later but it will appear as though they shipped it within 1 business day.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply