Security code text when I didn't request for one?

About 15 minutes ago my phone flashed and showed me that Paypal texted me a security code for logging it, but I wasn't trying to login to PP. I have my PP set up so that whenever I try to login online with my password, I would also need to input the security code sent to my phone to login.

So I tried to login right away (requested another security code) and I didn't find any weird activity with my Paypal account. Should I be worried? My PP is linked to my credit card (for online purchases) and bank (for withdrawing funds)... regardless, I have just changed my password anyway and logged out. 

Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

About 2 weeks ago, I received 2 automated phone calls (on my landline) about 30 minutes apart purporting to be from PayPal with a security code for logging in.  My computer wasn't even turned on at the time.  I tried to phone PayPal to report the calls, and for the first time I had an almost comatose CS who couldn't seem to figure out what I was saying.  I finally just thanked her and decided to leave well enough alone and monitor things myself.  I haven't had any suspicious activity with my PayPal account or anything linked to it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yesterday, when trying to create a Paypal label from eBay, I ended up on the initial label page with a big yellow error box at the top telling me I needed to input my eBay seller ID into my account details on Paypal in order to use the label service.  This has never, ever occurred before in all the years I've used Paypal labelling. 

I simply went back into my Paypal summary and accessed the label feature from the sales transaction shown there, without further incident. 

I don't know what these issues signify, but I'm disappointed to hear that Paypal CS was completely unhelpful in 'maggie's' case.  I don't even want to imagine the scenario of Paypal's security being seriously breached. 

P.S.  It was a good idea to change your password in any case. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply