Seller Doesnt have the item in colour I ordered/refuses to refund my money unless I change feedback

I bought an iPad Air 2 case in green from the seller . They accepted my payment said it was"shipped" then contacted me saying that they contacted the manufacturers saying that "that they could not get the green and would I be willing for a substitution of blue or black?" I said no that I only wanted the green one and if they can't get it I want a refund of my money. I've had a bunch of back and forth with them. Now because I gave them a bad feedback rating there saying that "We said if you can revise the feedback the refund will be completed automatically." I have no way, even if I wanted to, change my feedback! These people are holding my money hostage!!! And because and because the last shipping date it could arrive by is December 20th so I can't even report it hasn't arrived because it not past the date of arrival. How can I possibly report something that will never arrive? What can I do? These people have my hands tied. What can I possibly do to get my money back???

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Seller Doesnt have the item in colour I ordered/refus...

You bought a green iPad case.

It was marked shipped.

What is the delivery window that eBay gave you?  Oh now I see Dec. 20th

The seller then (after shipping) asked to substitute blue or black

You refused both and asked for a refund.

They refused. On what grounds?

You left negative feedback.

This is a good way to make a seller very uncooperative.

The seller is now demanding removal of FB before refunding.

First.

Stop talking to them.

Second, check the tracking number to see if the item is in fact in transit.

It is true that eBay will not allow a dispute until Dec 20, but Paypal will.

Go to the PP Resolution Centre on your PP account page, it is under Tools at the top of the page.

The dispute is Item Not Received.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller, which you have already done.

Escalate to a claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

The negative FB may then be removed, or not. I'm not clear on PP's ability to do that.

However since PP doesn't know who is in the right, you may still have to wait until Dec. 20th passes to actually receive the refund.

By the way, did you read the feedback for this seller? Many of the negs are for items that were not received. When a buyer wins an eBay Dispute, he can't leave feedback, so I suspect there were a lot more unhappy buyers who didn't know how to get a refund.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Seller Doesnt have the item in colour I ordered/refus...

Thank you for your help I did as you suggested. However PayPal could not reach a decision so the only way I can appeal is if it "arrives" and isn't what they described. So I'm stuck now! So until the window of when it will "arrive" and it doesn't come will I be able too go to eBay for help getting my money back?
Message 3 of 3
latest reply