Seller Hub

This is a post Griff made on the US chat.

The goal is one place - Seller Hub (no "pro" version) for all sellers. Eventually, the Seller Hub tool will replace all Selling Manager versions but that is for the long view.

If I was using seller manager pro, I might be concerned about what happens to all the listings, templates, etc that I had

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Seller Hub

Please elaborate im redoing all my listings with seller manager pro.. Is this a mistake.. What is seller hub?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Seller Hub

An hour long video is available at:

http://ebay.yourbrandlive.com/c/sellerhub-june-2016-archive

Looks quite exciting.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Seller Hub

It's a new layout of information for sellers introduced on eBaydotCOM.

I find it annoying, because the information I want is not what shows up immediately, and there does not seem to be a way to rearrange the pages to fit my personal needs.

I switched back to the "classic" view. (The link is on the right hand side.)

EBay asks for opinions when you do that and I told them it was pretty but not helpful.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Seller Hub

The problem with Ebay is they never tell sellers what will happen to the information on the old products when they bring in a new one to replace it. They are also known for not fully testing new products and bring them live for testing by the sellers which very seldom works well.

And, I personally don't think Ebay gives 2 cents about our opinions about their changes. They do what they want when they want as it is their sand box.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Seller Hub

I haven't seen or used the seller hub yet. Are you certain that the info on smp will not be transferred over?  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Seller Hub

I never said it would or it wouldn't as I don't know and probably won't until they decide to bring it live.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Seller Hub

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I haven't seen or used the seller hub yet. Are you certain that the info on smp will not be transferred over?  

You might want to check with 'pococomputing'.  As I recall, he's been using the beta version for a while now. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Seller Hub

@rose-dee wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

You might want to check with 'pococomputing'.  As I recall, he's been using the beta version for a while now.

Yes, I know that but I don't really need to know the answer.   I just wanted to clarify if the OP was stating that there was going to be a problem or if it was more of a what if post.    At this point, it seems to be  more of a you never know what's going to happen comment.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Seller Hub

I tried to post a web address earlier to the website that eBay used and is still using to host their Seller Hub webinars.

As my post disappeared within a couple of minutes, I assume that even though it was an eBay corporate webinar, I could not use the web address, as it wasn't eBay.

So, I hope that I'm okay in using this one;

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/sellingresources/webinars.html

The first video listed is eBay's June 8th Seller Hub video. It lasts 1 hour and 6 minutes. Good information, but more importantly it will take you to the other website, where if you move around,will take you to the June 22nd Seller Hub video, which is very good, in my opinion (it is also of similar length or even a little longer. 

I believe the question regarding Selling Manager Pro is answered, but as it's not of much interest to me, as I don't use Selling Manager, I wasn't paying that much attention on this point.

All in all, this appears to be an exciting product.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Seller Hub

@dutchman48 wrote:

This is a post Griff made on the US chat.

The goal is one place - Seller Hub (no "pro" version) for all sellers. Eventually, the Seller Hub tool will replace all Selling Manager versions but that is for the long view.

If I was using seller manager pro, I might be concerned about what happens to all the listings, templates, etc that I had

LOL, the above quote is from a question I put on the Seller Hub in the eBay.com weekly session. I was getting frustrated with the lack of information on the hub and what direction it is going and what happens to features missing in the new listing tool (watermark pictures, Listing Designer, saved starter templates are missing) and in the Hub there is no Selling Manager Pro Inventory and other things. All I wanted was a statement of direction and intent where the Hub is going which has never been stated up front.

The topic is

community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/July-6-2016-General-Topics/m-p/25759374

My question is at post 5

The full answer is in post 12 which is copied below with my questions in normal text and the replies in italics. I wanted to follow on on the reply but I had someone at the door so I missed the rest of the 1 hour session.

-----

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Regarding the eBay Seller Hub and the also the new Listing Tool.

Very little information is posted on these two new tools from the development team. Would it be possible to have a weekly session dedicated to these new tools?

Some questions. Since the questions are related I will respectfully break your rule about posting multiple questions in one post.

1) Why is the Seller Hub forum not in the drop down list of forum topics? The only mention of this forum is in a pinned topic at the top of the Selling forum. Since the Seller Hub is going live for some members, why is that forum not more visible by being in the forums drop down lists. There is a visible forum on the New listing Tool.

Because it has not yet been rolled out to all sellers. Once it has been, we will add the link to the navigation.

2) There are features missing from the new tools (like Listing Designer) and this has been asked in the forums about with no replies from the development team so all that is posted is speculation by members like me. Can someone from the development team answer these questions in those forums.

I will ask someone to visit the forum and answer those questions.

3) What is the direction of the Seller Hub? It seems to be replacing My eBay Selling pages and Selling Manager? What happens to Selling Manager Pro users who pay for a subscription? Is there gong to be a Seller Hub Pro version with the features of Selling Manger Pro?

I have more questions but I do not wish to disrupt the weekly session as it is not appropriate since you most likely do not know.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Seller Hub

I'm using it and it seems fine - of course some improvements can be made.

On the "Overview" tab you can arrange the sections the way you want them to appear.  For example, I moved promotional offers and tasks to the very top and things that are least important to me to the bottom.

All in all so far I find it easy to work with.

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 12 of 12
latest reply