Seller continues to hassle me

m_scarlett
Community Member

I had to go for a refund for an item that was never delivered. I was waiting for the item (shirt) to be worn at a funeral. After over 2 weeks of waiting, i went for a refund and I gave the seller negative feedback.

The seller has now received the item back from Royal Mail, who claim that the item was never collected. Fact was, i was given no indication of the item being delivered.

It makes no sense that i would bid, buy, and pay for the item only not to collect it. However, the seller continues to hassle me.

Can i report the seller to ebay?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi from Canada. Might be best to post Q on your site..

http://community.ebay.co.uk/support-category/Answer-Centre/1900000007

There is a report link in all ebay messages.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

m_scarlett
Community Member

I finally discovered the 'Report' button at the bottom and so I've sent my complaint.

It was for a shirt i needed for a funeral, but i need a white for for general use anyway. After more than 2 weeks (by which time the funeral had been and gone) the shirt still hadn't arrived, so i gave the seller negative feedback.

The seller gave excuses about 2nd class delivery. Even with that, I've never had to wait anywhere near 14+ for 2nd class delivery. 5-7 at absolute most!

I got a refund, and the seller has now received his shirt back in the post and states that he had proof of an attempted delivery ... which i more than i got!

However as i put it to the seller, it makes no sense why i should, bid, and pay for the item, only then to not (at the most) pick it up from a local delivery depot.

If the seller chooses the shipping service and the shipping company fails in their side of things as they have, I'm not seeing how that's all down to me.

But the fact remains I have no shirt, my money is now mine again, the seller has his goods back, and yet I'm still getting stupid and aggressive emails from the seller.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Nothing says you have to open those emails. You can delete them as soon as you see them.

If he is shipping to your personal email, you can add him to your Phishing /Delete folder.

You can Report any eBay Messages to eBay. There is a button on each message.

And you may be surprised to learn that buyers not picking up paid for parcels is not unusual. Especially here in Canada where many buyers do not realize that if we buy an item valued over $20, we will be charged a services fee of $10 and up, duty if applicable, and sales tax/VAT of 5%-17% depending on province.

The buyer suddenly finds that an item he thought was a huge bargain at $25 including shipping actually will cost him $35 to $75 to ransom from the courier.

And don\t get me started on the new Global Shipping Program.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

m_scarlett
Community Member

As i told the seller my first email after i got a refund and left negative feedback for not receiving the item, if the delivery company has messed up, that's between the seller and the delivery company. but fact still remains that i waited well beyond the time stated, and i never received the item.

i wonder how many other buyers this seller has buillied into giving positive feedback or asking to withdraw negative feedback?

having run fakeheadphones.com (now offline) i'm used to dealing with sellers getting aggressive, and asking to remove negative feedback etc. Its just annoying.

Have reported to ebay via the appropriate button.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply