Seller has not shipped item yet.

I won and paid for an item on Nov. 2, 2015 and have no update as to the seller shipping the item.  The listing says shipping within 3 business days.  I have bought from this seller before and the item was shipped the next day.  I have also tried emailing the seller but have had no response as of yet.  Should I be concerned, and does anyone know if Ebay is having problems with updating shipping status?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seller has not shipped item yet.

Today is the third business day so hopefully the seller is planning on mailing it today. It is frustrating though that the seller hasn't replied to you...when did you message them?

One seller on these boards said that when she printed a label the shipping wasn't updating on her ebay page although I don't know if that affected the buyer too and if it was just a paypal/ebay Canada issue. I haven't had that problem yet so it isn't a system wide problem. Did you check to see if you received an email from ebay or Paypal about shipping?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked my email and paypal and there is no message showing it being shipped. I am wondering that maybe there is something wrong when they print label,  but you would think that the seller would communicate that.  I have read that the ebay.com site is having issues but am not certain on what issues.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It is also possible that the seller shipped the item by mail using postage instead of PayPal (whatever the reasons).

Patience.  Time will tell.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

They still have the ability to indicate that the item was shipped regardless what form of postage was used.  A quick email to say that one will be late in shipping or informing the buyer that there is a problem is common courtesy.  I forget, courtesy has gone the way of the dinosaur.  lol

Thanks for your input.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'concerned4kitty',

You are correct to think that the seller ought to have quickly responded to you inquiry.  Nice as that would have 

been, however, there may be a very good reason for the silence.  The seller or a close family member may 

have taken ill, perhaps the in-laws showed up unannounced, her computer may have crashed, or as others 

here have suggested, it could indeed be an ebay-paypal problem.

It is possible the item is already on its way to you.  In my opinion it is waaaay too soon to be concerned about it.  

You say you have bought from the seller previously, so there seems to be no need for either to be wary of the 

other.  If ever anything goes wrong with a transaction, you will by now be familiar with this help link:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

If you used the "Where's my item?" option to contact the seller, she might now be worried this will result in her 

getting a 'defect' on her selling account.  If she got a defect after only 3 days, she might need a self-imposed 

'cooling down' period before she trusts herself enough to reply to you. 

However, as it has only been 3 days, - you say you won & paid on Nov. 2, and posted your query here on Nov. 5

at 12:30 in the afternoon,  I am sure there is absolutely nothing whatsoever for you to be concerned about.

Sometimes they never mark it shipped, and then suddenly the thing is in your mailbox.  Early days yet.

I wish you joy of your new item. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
latest reply