Seller is new, but a complete ripoff

Has anyone run into a bad seller before.

13 different Emails between me the prospective buyer and the seller, for an agreement for a purchase,

Seller changes shipping cost after agreement before the purchase, and then pulls the sisting.

Seller has now blocked me so I am even unable to contact her, or leave negativity.

Beware she changes things after an emailed agreement has been agreed upon
Without actually buying this item, ebay will not do diddly squat about it

Hope someone finds this info useful.

john
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Seller is new, but a complete ripoff

You probably don't know it, but you cannot give user IDs here. I expect your message to be modified (or deleted) soon.

As for the problem you had with this seller, at least, you didn't spend money with him/her. Be glad you didn't lose anything, except maybe some time. I'm sure there are other sellers out there who are very reliable and selling what you are looking for. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Were you trying to purchase one of the seller's listings that shipped through the Global Shipping Program?

eBay generates invoices automatically for these purchases.  It's next to impossible for the seller to generate one themselves after the listing ends.

If you want a seller to ship an item to you that has the Global Shipping Program associated with it, the least messy way to do this is for the seller to cancel the listing and re-list it without the GSP.

Your seller may be new, but I'm thinking you may not know about how the Global Shipping Program works, either.  It does have its (somewhat limited) place, but it can be pretty pricey for small, lightweight and modestly-priced items.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The seller is new and probably didn't realize the shipping costs would be so high. They probably didn't want to lose money in the shipping so they cancelled the transaction. If you are unhappy why would they want to sell to you? Sometimes its better to just move on. I am sure you will find what you want somewhere else!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

13 emails?  I would have blocked you, too, after that many.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 5 of 5
latest reply