Seller shipped with UPS insted of USPS as per listing

onealternation
Community Member

Hello,

A seller just shipped my item with UPS Standard instead of USPS which was on the listing ($69.99) Express Mail USPS. What can I do?

It cost him about 25 to use UPS instead of USPS (Based on the UPS site). I normally wouldn't care that much but USPS has better broker fees etc. Plus I paid for USPS not UPS.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I think you should contact the seller and ask him why he shipped that way. If it's too late to stop the package to re-ship with USPS, you can ask a refund on your overpaid shipping fees.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Did you pay for UPS?  Is UPS asking for you to pay?  Rufuse delivery!!! 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

doumb21
Community Member

If you have to pay broker fees upon reception, you can refuse and the package will be returned.  You can then dispute the case.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bid and won an item and paid for it and to my surprise I get an email saying that it is shipped by FedEx.  I paid $2.50 for USPS shipping!!  And this seller is using FedEx with a tracking number.

I asked the seller why did he do that when his listings said USPS.  He claimed that he dropped it off at FedEx as a mail drop off and that it will shipped to local post office, whatever he meant by that.  And to think he was paying more than $2.50 for FedEx with a tracking number that is a fortune.   It doesn't make any senses.

I will wait and see when it arrived and if it is included the brokerage fees/import charges, I will refuse it as I am not willing to pay extra like brokerage fees or whatever just because it is shipped by FedEx when it could be shipped by USPS.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have heard that FEDEX does not ask for the brokerage fee at the time of delivery,they wait a couple of weeks then send you a bill,(sneaky ).I would not accept it if it's UPS or Fedex whether they ask anything up front or not.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply