Sellers packaging was not good enough..

I ordered a screen protector and the first time the packaged was lost and I did not receive it for a while. The seller sent another one but when I received it the screen protector was damaged because it was packaged in a thin envelope. I contacted the seller that I am not able to use the protector because it was damaged. I sent them a picture and they sent me another one. I received the new one but they again put it in an envelope, but this time with bubble wrap in the inside. With just a bubble wrap around the screen protector it will not protect the screen protector from bending... I contacted the seller and they blamed it on me saying I did not receive he protector at the door and let the mailman bend it to put in my mailbox. I then replied back that the mailman did not ring or knock on the door for me to pickup and just put it in my mailbox. Normally other sellers would put a cardboard or some sort to prevent the protector from bending. It has been more than 5 days and the seller did not reply back. I also have not left a review because I did not receive the item until way after 60 days. What can I do!?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

seller should label package do not bend under these circumstances.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

A Label for carrier may help but the real reason this keeps happeing is the shipping method which I am sure is clearly stated ..

To resolve Contact buyer tell them it was damaged and ask them if they can ship in a well protected packaging and you will pay for it ..

IT will cost you alot more then you wanna spend to protect it but it is the only way ....

Not putting any blame on you but getting familiar with shipping methods will allow you to know how it will be shipped ...

My guess is it was sent basic lettermail which has a 2cm Max for thickness which mean it will not get better then a bubble mailer...

Other option request it be sent in between to pieces of carboard in a poly mailer just basic lettermail..

Would not be surprised if seller decides to just refund and cut there losses though ...

Unless the screen protector is ripped you can still use as bends and ruffles should flatten and come out perfect if properly applied...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

They should have... But there was none. Is there a way I can contact ebay?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The seller sent another one but when I received it the screen protector was damaged because it was packaged in a thin envelope

Because you let the seller send a replacement rather than give a refund, the transaction went past the 45 day limit for Item Not As Described disputes.

For future reference, the Resolution Centre is in the Customer Support drop down menu at the top right of this page.

I also have not left a review because I did not receive the item until way after 60 days

If the seller left any feedback for you , you can add a Response, indefinitely. Remember that the most effective Responses are calm and factual. "Inadequate packaging meant item arrived damaged."

Go to the credit card you used to pay for the item. (Paypal is the processor, although they do have a good Buyer Protection program.) Ask the customer rep about a chargeback. Have your transaction numbers, dates and payment details handy to help her do the chargeback. You many be required to return the item on your own dime for the card to process the refund.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply