Selling product ! !

fh9fh
Community Member

I bid to win a 98 Window operating system over week  ago about $6.00. It is pretty cheap!!

The shop called in Toronto open a cancelling case through Ebay right after I won.

I  refused unless the seller give an explaination. The case closed and I feel bit werid because I had contacted

the seller twice for reason whether the bidding price didn't met or whatever inorder I cancel it. The seller didn't

reply! Then I went back to check the case again, the seller did give a reason which is somekind of flood to the product

that he might worry about the defeat which Ebay email me said the seller had given no specified reason !

I was doubted what Ebay style!! 

So, I send back email again asking  to cancel from my side twice but seller still no reply!

I try to open a case from ebay but it didn't success, Ebay give message which buyer must obligation.

I know pay first is the best way to do it ! But the other reason is the seller stated

his company name  which his products might be challenged after I brought.

I was stuck whether I should pay or not? Or wait for Ebay contact again which I had not paid the item , but

it might left a bad record to my account ? Any member can tell what to do ?? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You won an item for $6 The seller asked for a Mutual Canc...

You won an item for $6

The seller asked for a Mutual Cancellation, but did not give an explanation.

Did you actually refuse the MC or did you ignore the request?

If you ignored the request the MC will close after 7 days and the transaction is ended.

There is a note on the case that the seller's shop had a flood, which is an explanation. The seller left the explanation in the request where the Resolution Centre can see it, but did not reply directly to your direct requests.

This is the right move, since off-site conversations just confuse the issue.

DO NOT PAY!

There is no transaction. It's over. You have no claim on the item. Forget it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

You won an item for $6 The seller asked for a Mutual Canc...

You won an item for $6

The seller asked for a Mutual Cancellation, but did not give an explanation.

Did you actually refuse the MC or did you ignore the request?

If you ignored the request the MC will close after 7 days and the transaction is ended.

There is a note on the case that the seller's shop had a flood, which is an explanation. The seller left the explanation in the request where the Resolution Centre can see it, but did not reply directly to your direct requests.

This is the right move, since off-site conversations just confuse the issue.

DO NOT PAY!

There is no transaction. It's over. You have no claim on the item. Forget it.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply