Sept 19-25 List Free 500 Auctions including Buy it now by invitation

Please note: invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting "Activate offer" in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate.

What is the Promotion?

Invited sellers ("Sellers") who first activate the offer and then create a listing in the auction-style format or auction-style with Buy it Now format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein ("Qualifying Listing"), will pay no insertion fee per item listed ("Promotion") for up to 500 listings during the Promotion Period. All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan.

The Promotion does not apply to listings with 1-day or 3-day duration, final value fees, or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, bold, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows.

Who's eligible?

This Promotion is available to invited sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; and (iii) meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?

This Promotion will begin on the date specified in the message you received through email or eBay Message Center, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on the date specified in the message you received through e-mail or eBay Message Center, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com (the "Promotion Period").

How do I activate the Promotion?

Sellers that have been invited to participate will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create Qualifying Listings on the US site at www.ebay.com or eBay Motors at www.ebay.com/motors (Parts & Accessories and Automotive Tools & Supplies only) through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account" section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions.

• The Promotion excludes the following: items listed in 1-day or 3-day duration or the fixed price format.
  • Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion.
  • The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
  • All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay's Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I was not invited to this Promotion.

But I'm not surprised by that: I have 500 almost entirely-unused monthly auctions as part of my store subscription. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

did not get this promo, but then again does not surprise me...even when I do get promos, I usually receive the invite/notification  the day after they have started... I do not have a store so am always grateful for the promos I do get. For what I sell, a store is totally not worth it, not an economical option..

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I wasn't invited ....3rd promo in a row that has passed me buy ..... hmm I do fixed price, don't use the one with my store but the invite would be nice and I will decide if I wish to use it or not.

Re: "buy Canadian Promo" I now notice a small banner in red text BUY CANADIAN between "Help & Contact" and English"  I dread the thought that this is what ebay is doing "for all Canadian sellers" If so, quite the poor initiative.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Another eBay.COM offer -- "create Qualifying Listings on the US site"

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I agree the Buy Canadian promo ad is a pathetic and rather useless effort from eBay & will hardly be for all Canadian sellers -

and as I said in another comment - much ado about nothing!

and no I did not get the above mentioned promo for .com

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You would think that some one in the CDN Ebay marketing would come up with a Canadian promo some thing like this.........

List FREE unlimited items as along as they have FREE shipping........now that would be a promo that both sellers & buyers could get excited about.  A lot of selection all with FREE shipping to Canada all in CDN dollars.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Is that the Canadian promo?! Hardly worth the time to read the email from eBay about it. Am sure it won't do much.

I did not get this invite for the 500 either - second one I have missed as well. Not sure how they decide who gets them.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Its actually not even for the dot ca site its a promo only for dot com the USA site.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Not invited 😞
Message 10 of 10
latest reply