Shipping things back to China

2011koolsale
Community Member

Hi,

do you guys know of cheap ways to ship defective items back to China?

That also offer tracking....

Please let me know.. I have a tablet that I want to send back....

Cheapest option on Canadapost is $19 with surface shipping....

How long does surface take?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Tracking is very expensive back to China.

That is the only way you will have sufficient proof for Paypal to release a refund.

Just a wild guess, but if you send back the item without tracking i'm sure they will say they never received it.

Sorry this has happened to you.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask your seller if he is willing to pay for the return postage, seeing it being a defective item?  I usually ask my sellers if they would be willing to pay for the return postage when I received anything defective, damaged, etc.  I felt that the sellers should pay for the return postage for any items that are defective or damaged.  That is not include for those who "changed their mind and don't want it anymore".  If your seller refused, then you knew what kind of seller/business they are.

As a seller myself I do offer to pay the return postage for anything that is defective or damaged.

I would never send anything by surface outside USA and Canada.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

For $19 that was probably small packet surface which does not have tracking. I've heard that surface takes 4-12 weeks...I wouldn't use it.

You have to be really cautious about purchasing any type of electronics or name brand items from Asia. If there is a problem, it costs a fortune to return the package.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Don't order anything from China in the first place. Most of what is sold on ebay from China is defective junk or counterfeit. There is a reason why it sells so cheap.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I'm sure the buyer will not make that mistake again.

Good thing the buyer has discovered the boards, too bad it was after the fact.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

2011koolsale
Community Member

Thank you for the replies everyone.

Unfortunately, I love china products....

In the last year alone I have ordered over $15,000 worth of gadgets and trinkets, not all from ebay, but from other sites that I am sure you guys are well aware of....

My intention is not to advocate for China products but it seems that there are a majority of posts that always demean Chinese sellers... and the irony is that many of the Canadian sellers are simply selling the same products that are made in China...

So lets forget about that issue...

So I guess there isn't a way to send stuff cheaply back to China right now.... I will have to do more research because if there was a cheaper way, I would be buying a lot more....

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

So i guess there isn't a way to send stuff cheaply back to China right now....

Unfortunately it will always be that way, not just right now.

Not cost effective to send a defective item back to China since tracking is required to receive a refund.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

jayracz
Community Member

Just got my first faulty product off Ebay. It is from a Chinese seller and he is looking to pass the buck. Said the item is not compatible with my equipment. But the other 2 I bought off of the seller work fine with my stuff. I have a feeling this dispute will go nowhere. But I will make sure all know his return policy is bogus.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Mention you have bought from them in the past with no problems & ask politely if they would consider a refund.

Worth a shot.

Don't like your chances but you don't know if you don't try.

Best of luck.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

My intention is not to advocate for China products but it seems that there are a majority of posts that always demean Chinese sellers... and the irony is that many of the Canadian sellers are simply selling the same products that are made in China...

The problem is not the product. The problem is with the sellers or more specifically the cost of returning unacceptable product.

If your Chinese-made item is sold by a North American seller, even a dropshipper, you are returning it (with delivery confirmation) to the NA seller, not the shipper in China.

The cost and the delivery time are reasonable. And many, although not most, North American sellers are very cautious about hurting their feedback by messing their customers around.

If you buy directly from China (or Asia in general) the cost of return shipping makes it less likely that the buyer will return an unacceptable item.

Those buyers still have 60 days to leave feedback. When they do, they can also leave Detailed Seller Ratings, which are much more important. If a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3 eBay will restrict or remove listings. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. The lowest DSR is ONE Star.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Don't order anything from China in the first place. Most of what is sold on ebay from China is defective junk or counterfeit. There is a reason why it sells so cheap.

really? iPads are cheap? laptops are cheap? iPhones are cheap? 

Please, do me a favour and provide a non chinese made tablet that can be purchased. How about a Canadian made tablet?

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Tracking is very expensive back to China.

That is the only way you will have sufficient proof for Paypal to release a refund.

Just a wild guess, but if you send back the item without tracking i'm sure they will say they never received it.

Sorry this has happened to you.

boourns! You show a bad side with that statement. I encourage my US buyers to send back items USPS first class and I always receive the item and would never say I never received it. I don't see Chinese sellers as being much different, especially if you buy from the bigger trusted ones. I can't speak for a seller with very low feedback/experience

Furthermore, if you were right, and the seller is dishonest, sending it via tracking or not will not make much difference. Tracked items tend not to be too trackable, unless sent via UPS or other large carrier. Tracked mail is as useful as tracked, to China ,if the seller is intent on cheating. That is, not at all. 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Please, do me a favour and provide a non chinese made tablet that can be purchased. How about a Canadian made tablet?

Even though many name brand items bought in North America are made in China, they are not distributed in China and cannot be bought directly from China. That means that very few name brand items sold directly from there are authentic.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Even though many name brand items bought in North America are made in China, they are not distributed in China and cannot be bought directly from China. That means that very few name brand items sold directly from there are authentic.

First, the comment was to the person who said 

Most of what is sold on ebay from China is defective junk or counterfeit.

Which I find could not be further from the truth.

If you mean designer label items, then maybe, but for most other items, I don't think that is right either.

You mean Chinese people can't buy iPhones? The market's closed to them? No HP computers? No Levi jeans? Do they all have to buy chinese name brand only? No Xbox, PS3's?. No Sony TV's? No Canons? . No fruit of the loom underwear?

How about Chinese brands now accepted as mainstream here? HTC? Huawei, Acer, Asus, MSI, LG. Are they able to buy those? 

I see these great statements about all these 'fake' items from China, but as far as I know they have very much the same items for sale there as here, as well as many other brands that are not sold in North America or Europe or both.

My tablet I bought was made by a very good chinese manufacturer that the item was not to be sold outside China.....Hmmmm.. why is that? Why would a Chinese manufacturer agree not to sell their chinese made item to NA? Maybe because they make some name brands here? 

If you go to ebay, the flea market, or the back of someones van in a parking lot and then buy a luis vuitton or other item that normally retails for $500 and you pay $30, don't complain when it's fake or stolen. 

As for buying anything, if you do a bit of research, you can find good deals on namebrand items direct from China. If you try harder, you can find the same or similar item made by the same company and for less. If you try even harder you can buy from the up and comers in China that have to sell at low margin, but have great product. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

Many of the stuff we buy is made in china but with more standard then these backyard factory made things on ebay that is the big difference...

I used to sell gaming stuff and bought 20 Wii Remotes from China on ebay 6 out of 20 were defective ... You would never find those odds when buying authentic wii Remotes..

Both made in china but one made in a factory with standards which makes the big difference

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

There is no cheap way. If its under 200$ value try and use chitchat express which goes through USPS.

Only other cheaper option is canada post xpresspost which includes tracking , but its something like 20-30$ per pound.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I agree with what brandeentertainment says 100 percent. Most of the stuff on ebay made in China and being sold directly on ebay out of china is not quality stuff. Pretty well all of the clothing is counterfeit, may even be made in same building who knows.

A few years ago, a friend of mine purchased a brand name ski jacket from China. $99 for a jacket that usually sells for $400 here. When he received it, the XL was a medium at best, the material was totally different than what we were used to seeing here, and it zipped up on the wrong side. He got exactly what he payed for and that is exactly what you get a lot of the time, when you buy stuff on ebay shipped directly out of China.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

2011koolsale
Community Member

My friends, please drop the China chit chat.... there are always some trolls that are for or against China on every forum in ebay... and I don't know why but there is a lot of talk for and against China Sellers.

I will tell you one thing, bottom line is remove all stigmas that you have in mind about anyone and consider them the same as us, they are as honest or dishonest as westerners....

As for the products, out of all my purchases from China, I always make an educated purchase where I don't have to return the product in case I am not happy with it....

Yes, some buyers do exploit the fact that because shipping is more expensive to China it is less riskier for Chinese sellers in comparison to NA sellers.

One word of advice that I can give to some people is if you are planning on buying in bulk, by from a really reputable seller because majority of sellers if they notice that you are buying in bulk will try to get rid of their defective inventory in the mix...  I also calculate that when I order to make sure I am not at a loss...

Chit-Chat express is a good answer to my initial question and will look into that...

Thanks.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Chitchat's Express also forwards through Aramex at the rate $39.60 / first 0.5kg + $7.26 / additional 0.5kg to China.

Untracked mail to China gets lost, don't even bother.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply