Shipping, what am I doing wrong?

tractorfix
Community Member

Recently, Paypal shipping rolled out a new look shipping page. I want to know who is having the same problems as me. It does not import any of the item's details from eBay so I have to manually input it all. Nor does it tell me which of the shipping options I provide that the buyer selected. So I had to guess based on what they paid. Thankfully it offers the option of opting back to the "classic experience". It at least imported all the info from eBay as normal. Now for the last few weeks, neither page imports anything from eBay and I am still having to manually input everything. It is very frustrating and time consuming to say the least. Now I am in the midst of manually editing all of my listings to provide only one shipping option so I don't guess and possibly make mistakes. I complained to Paypal and got a form letter response that did everything but answer my question. Is this only happeneing to me ?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Shipping, what am I doing wrong?

juwuls
Community Member

No you are not alone in this.

I find the old shipping module easy to read, all the information is on one page and after i fill out the information i hit continue and a nice page comes up with the shipping cost etc. all on one page that i can print and bada bing bada boom i have a record for my books. It seems to me they hired some geniuses to redo their web pages and they certainly made them pretty but useless and pretty doesn't matter to my accountant. Also they pre-populate the weight fields on the new form with a zero and i am just wondering who would do such a thing, according to my experience there has never been an item with zero weight so now you have to go in and wipe out the zero(s) , just another few clicks with my mouse. Not to mention that when i try to ship a parcel or envelope to the US there are services missing or not available, i get a lot of times where it says that the service i selected is not available because of weight or size and then i have to go to my Canada Post account to create the shipping label that Paypal tells me is not available.

There are many issues with Paypal such as stupid payment notifications that are 4 pages long etc.

I could go on but work is calling.

I see your name is tractorfix and you have somebody in your shop who can fix this because no matter how often you complain to Paypal they have never been customer friendly and they probably never will be.

There are many issues with Paypal such as stupid payment notifications that are 4 pages long etc.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply