Should I (as a Seller) make my items Private Purchase -

so others can't see what they have bought?

I see that lot of sellers do not have that info on their feedback.  A lot of sales + the user ids but no item description of what they bought.

Do buyers want it private?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A seller's feedback no longer shows a buyer's full id and a buyer's feedback doesn't show the item purchased so I don't see a need to sell an item as private unless it is of a personal nature such as underwear. Others might be able to figure out the information if they really want to but they would have to know how to do that.

Personally, I am wary of sellers who items show as being private. I prefer seeing which items they have sold and what sort of feedback they have been getting for those items.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A seller's feedback no longer shows a buyer's full id and a buyer's feedback doesn't show the item purchased so I don't see a need to sell an item as private unless it is of a personal nature such as underwear. Others might be able to figure out the information if they really want to but they would have to know how to do that.

Personally, I am wary of sellers who items show as being private. I prefer seeing which items they have sold and what sort of feedback they have been getting for those items.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

"Should I (as a Seller) make my items Private Purchase"

NO, plain NO.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks so much to both of you. I was just wondering because if I ever look at a Buyer's feedback I see a long line of items purchased with no item # and Private and only mine will (and perhaps a few more) actually show an item # and the descrip. It was bugging me. I like it open too.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply