Should I open a case against seller?

Back on 11/10/13 I purchased an item from a seller in China. Estimated delivery was 13-24 business days, so the item should have arrived on the 12th of December. It is now well past that and I have not yet received the item. There was a China Post Tracking number given with the order, when I click on it in My Ebay it gives no info for some reason. I contacted the seller and they told me to check with my local post office, which I did when I went to pick up another item. The seller then offered to reship me the item again and I agreed. However in my purchases, below the item it says "If there was a problem, please go to the Resolution Centre by 24/12/13". So my question is should I open a case even though they said they would reship the item? If I don't get it again or the seller just decides to not send it, will I be screwed if I don't open a case now? What exactly happens when I open a case? I've ordered stuff on Ebay in the past and this is the first time I have ever had a problem, so I'm not entirely sure the best route to go here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

marnotom!
Community Member

Open a case.  If your case is successful and you do receive your item after your refund, simply repay the seller.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

yes.  Today.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Absolutely open a case. the same thing happened to me--sort of --I received an item broken so I contacted seller they said they would send another item and never did.So don't be like me and loose your money.i would like to know if I can name the seller in public form to warn other people of this seller.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

That's all I need to hear, I'll open a case immediately. Sorry you got burned scotianinmotion. Thank you all for the responses!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply