Sick of Canada Post

So to boot I had issue in november with my local depo and again after xmas 4 parcel dropped of on the 27th were still in the back room today ... Getting hit with INR like crazy ...

non store issue .... Sent x-mas card 2 to Boston... 2 to England... 6 within Ontario .. Boston and England showed in 2 weeks and only 1 withing Canada to date and most within Canada are all within about 900 km from me ..

Call Canada post they say they are having issues... i say no your not my items arrived out of Country within 2 weeks but mother,father and brother all within 100 km still not received what you have is A MAJOR PROBLEM ..

My depo is a small store in the middle of nowhere and ever sense they started sending everything direct to Toronto things are missing all over

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Sick of Canada Post

No my address is different for my business just haven't updated it ... K & C general store in Ramore Ontario ..

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

They are everything.. Bus station....beer store...Post office.. general and movie store ... They also Carry thing like meat and vegetables from local farmers and propane etc. etc. ... Small store packed very tight space.. Very honest and nice people running it ..

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

"Very honest and nice people running it .."

Unfortunately, being nice and honest will not solve your negative feedback and low DSRs for slow shipping. Your reputation is on the line.

This is your business.  You need to find suppliers - including the postal service - who are reliable and will provide you the service you pay for.  Keeping mail in the back room for over a week is NOT good service, regardless how nice and honest they are.

Do you have another option?  Another post office within reasonable driving distance?

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Np but I am moving within a year so it will be a fresh start .. 4 parcels is nothing in November it was almost 300 lettermail parcels .. this happen again i think once last year .. 4 times in total not positive but if i looked at my past posts i can count them .. I have made complaints with store and Canada post one time Canada post gave me $100 for something not like this can't rememeber the details which is very odd of them to do ...

As we speak i have 5 message in inbox I have not received item ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

You are doing considerable volume.

Put your mind to work, if I was in your position I would not be using Canada Post for anything other than domestic deliveries.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Bernard Madoff was a good guy as well. Stole billions. These very nice people are messing you over.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I have no choice I am 130km round trip from being able to use any other service or I would do that ...

I don't know what to do .. Maybe i will shut down for a bit and just wait till I move .. No rush this is my hobby but even then It drives me nuts to have sooooooooooo many shipping and delivery problem and don't get me wrong there has been a few that were my fault It's not ll the depo and Canada post I have a busy life and sometimes thing don't go to plan like I had to dead vehicle for the last 4 days until yesterday... ..

Maybe a Break is need .. Pay off my guys and just relax for a bit ...

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@brandeentertainment wrote:

I have no choice I am 130km round trip from being able to use any other service or I would do that ...

I'm in downtown Toronto, it's about a 60km round trip for me!

The 130km, is that to Timmins? Is there any UPS/FedEX/Canpar service closer? Do you go to Timmins on a regular basis? Do you know people who do make the trip on a regular basis?

Before ChitChat were in business I also faced a long drive (250km return) or shipping in bulk via UPS to get my stuff entered directly into the USPS system. Even with my relatively low volume it was still viable. ChitChat has made it a lot easier for me although it does still involve a bit more work than just going to the local Canada post outlet.

If I was in your location I would still be able to get my packages delivered in the USA within 7 days in most cases and at a lower cost than using Canada Post.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

It just does not work out no matter what i do my only option is here because if I delivered every 2 days and it took 2hrs of my time and gas money it would just get to the point where it wouldn't work ...

if i was seller items worth more I would do so but i sell a case of movies and make $5-$15 a case or many items I make $1-$5 for individual sales ..

I think i will giver until April get enough to pay debt and goverment for 2013 and call it quits until I move or until something happens to my outlet which i have been in talks with Canada post about having it picked up directly from me or having a a box for me to drop off and not having my depot involved at all

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

This is your business.  You need to find suppliers - including the postal service - who are reliable and will provide you the service you pay for.  Keeping mail in the back room for over a week is NOT good service, regardless how nice and honest they are.

Do you have another option?  Another post office within reasonable driving distance?

Who is really core of problem ? Postal dealer is basically a drop-box with postage printing ability. If CanadaPost does not show up and pickup their mail, there is little dealer can do. Or ... ?

Brande, do you have other services coming to town? Grocery deliveries, etc. Make friends, get them to take your mail to civilization.

Secondly, ChitChat is starting a fullfilment service and DVDs don't take that much space ...

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I just did a calculation on the Canada Post website.... delivery of a parcel from Ramore Ontario to Winnipeg....

and the delivery time is the same as delivery from Winnipeg to Toronto.

The key to your problems  could be communicating to your buyers  that you live in a remote part of Canada...... 

Knowing when parcels are picked up by Canada Post could also be critical

If the pick up is 10: 00 AM and you deliver parcels at a later time.... things start moving on the next day.

December 27 was a Friday....  and pick up was most likely on Monday...  December 29

Even though I live in Winnipeg, I am always adding statements such a ......first day after Boxing day.

and then if the parcel is going to the US....  July 1 in Canada and July 4 in the US....  I have found that communication  will be a critical factor.  Buyers know exactly what to expect...

and when I estimate delivery time  my time frame is actual days... not business days...

Weather is also a critical factor.

Communication with buyers could also be critical.... They have to know what your constraints are for mail pick up

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Changing your location to Ramore Ontario  should change the view of buyers.

and then communication....  in relation to local postal pickup  should also help.

Knowing the time for pickup by Canada Post each day would also be critical..

Or does something like Greyhound pick up the parcels in Ramore.....

How does the mail get out of Ramore?

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I know where you are!  My great aunt and uncle lived about 2 miles north of Matheson on the Watabeag River.  We camped up there back in the 50's and 60's and went to the beach at Nellie Lake.  Loved that area!

Sorry to ambush your thread.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

@brandeentertainment wrote:

... or until something happens to my outlet which i have been in talks with Canada post about having it picked up directly from me or having a a box for me to drop off and not having my depot involved at all

This sounds like the most hopeful solution to your problem, especially if you're normally shipping out 10 or more items a day.  If you're not too far from Ramore, and you have items going out every day, I don't see that an extra few kms of driving would make any difference to Canada Post.  How far are you from Ramore?  You might have to pay a small surcharge weekly for example, but it would save you the gasoline and wear and tear on your vehicle going into town every day or two.  You never know, CP might agree to put a box in front of your house! 

Personally, I'd keeping banging on that particular door until you get somewhere.  You could try going farther up the food chain to a regional supervisor or some such person at Canada Post, explain your volume and the critical importance of reliable service. 

When I read your posts here, I realize it was the right thing for us to do when we moved to Nova Scotia to look for a house close to an actual Post Office (not an in-store counter service).  I'm sure you can find the same thing in most small towns in Ontario when you move.  

Best of luck with this problem!

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

aqyera
Community Member

I hear you. This company was nothing but headache since Chopra took office. Find alternate solutions not involving CanadaPost. Put merchandise in bottle and drop to river, better delivery rate than CanadaPost.

Just trolling 🙂 Best soilution is not always cheapest. Use what works from CanadaPost and do not use what doesn't. If you are completely dependent on CanadaPost, sit down and figure out what is more profitable - keep using them with shortcomings or stop. Sometimes is more profitable to stop.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

yes where i live is very nice all bush,lakes and rivers and I actually moved here for my job little did I realize it would hurt my business But if I had to choose it would be my job over my business anyways..

I think I am going to take a break for a few months .. Clear out some stock get a head of the game and then come back blazing a trail ...

Working on bugging Canada post but not gettting to far to fast so far it is looking like a no go for me but I got one more try 😉

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

alpaak
Community Member

Also rec'd an INR for an item mailed out on Dec. 27th.  This happened to me a couple of times last year around the same time.

All items were mailed from the main post office where I live after the postal clerk weighed and affixed postage to the oversize letter mail envelopes.  Perhaps Canada Post has a 'blackhole' where they dump excess mail during the busy holiday times.  I've opened delivery service tickets with CP for each occurrence and have not and I know that I will not receive any response.  Did it to appease some of my dissatisfaction with our national mail delivery system.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply