Sold iPhone over 1 month ago and now buyer asks for phone number - Scam attempt? HELP!

I sold iPhone over 1 month ago and now buyer asks for phone number - Scam attempt? HELP!

Hey guys!

I have an issue I would love to have some input on:

I sold an iPhone (auction ended on 09-Apr-14 ~40 days ago). After that much time I thought everything went fine with the iPhone but here’s the message I just received today:

(NOT ACTUAL MESSAGE - DON’T DELETE THIS THREAD)

Dear ggmalkavian,

that IPhone I bought from you the listing was incorrect the phone is not on with rogers wireless it's on with fido and the understanding I took that it was with rogers that why agree to buy it not to have to mess around getting unlock code I had to call apple and fido and they will unlock it but need Phone #### that the account was under !!!!

- buyer

I know this is my responsibility and I intend to do everything I can to help the buyer unlock the phone.

HOWEVER:

Do you think it’s risky for me to give the buyer the iPhone phone number? Could he be up to something considering he already has my name, address? BTW, the iPhone phone number is my current phone number (i.e. I didn’t change phone number when I changed phone).

How long after the listing am I under the threat of a negative feedback?

Thanks a ton to anyone who can give me their point of view on this situation!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sold iPhone over 1 month ago and now buyer asks for phone number - Scam attempt? HELP!

I believe it is still 45 days. They can, however, open a claim up to 60 days and sometimes longer.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Feedback can be left for 60 days after purchase. A claim can be filed through Paypal for 45 days after payment.

When you had the phone were you using Rogers or Fido?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Fido...

Although this was really an honest mstake (probably copy pasted that part of the listing), I know this is my entirely my fault.

What I'm really wondering is if I should worry about giving the buyer my old iPhone phone number (which happen to still be my current).

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If you are still with Fido, you can change your own phone number online before giving the old number to your purchaser.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Can you phone Fido and ask them if it is safe to give the guy who bought your old phone the number so s(he) can convert it? They should be able to tell you....
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

lol @ changing my phone number.

I will call fido and ask them if it's safe.

Thanks! 🙂

Message 7 of 7
latest reply