Someone left a negative feedback

rep97
Community Member

Ok I sold a phone and listed the item as new in its original packaging. When this person bought it they realized it was not a unlocked phone and left a negative feedback because I didn't mention it in the description. This is obviously a bogus claim. What can I do?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Someone left a negative feedback

You didn't list it as new though, it clearly says Used for 1 month.

I think the buyer assumed it was unlocked because you did not state which carrier(s) it is locked to.

Chris

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

That phone is easy to unlock, you can buy a code on ebay for <$5.  You could point that out to the buyer and hope he'd revise the feedback.  not that I like giving in to buyers like that, but you could offer to refund him the cost of the unlock code if he'll revise the feedback if you really want it gone

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Your digital items cannot be sold on the regular eBay site. You have to put them in the Classified section on eBaydotCOM.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Captivatemedia: It says 'New' in the title.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You could try calling ebay's call center.  they have been removing more fb lately. its  possible this would qualify with  the buyer mentioning something that was not included with the listing.  Expect it to be a frustrating call, some have reported calling over and over spending hours to eventually be successful getting one removed.  others have had an easier time

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Take it as a lesson and be very very careful with your listings in the future.

Make sure that you put ALL details into your listings that someone might care about and think carefully about that because getting an Item Not As Described is a real .

Then, trash this id and start a new one.

Buy a few thing and get some FB with your new id and then try again.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@rep97 wrote:

Captivatemedia: It says 'New' in the title.

It doesn't matter what is in the title, you put in the description that it has been used for 1 month.

By definition, that makes the item not new. I would highly recommend against doing this in the future.

If there is ANY question about whether something is new, list it as used. You will regret it if you don't eventually.

Under commit, and over deliver, and you will keep your customers happy.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Excellent advice,I bought a cordless phone that was advertised as used /new condition,when I received it was exactly as advertised but I felt like I stole it since the condition was almost brand new,perfect case of under commit,over deliver.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I still don't follow your logic. So just because it is used for a month someone might guess it is unlocked. That doesn't make sense.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply