wenrath
Community Member

According to today's eBay announcement:

Small Packet USA Ground

- gone from PayPal label printing Jan. 14

- still available at post offices until Feb. 11

- but liability coverage gone Jan 14

- to be removed from shipping options in new eBay listings "early February"

EBay is still vague on when Tracked Packet will become an available option in listings and PayPal.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/201301.shtml#2013-01-03090758

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Specific Dates for Small Packet Ground

You would think that since Tracked Packet is available in January for online customers that it would be available on Paypal that same day. That would be logical...not saying that it will work out so that it is logical!

It does seem silly that ebay wouldn't make tracked packet an option on the syi form until February when it is supposed to be available in January to online customers.

It's unlikely that I will be using Tracked Packet anyway so it's not a huge issue for me although ebay should clarify exactly when things will be put in place.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Every year I noticed that when Canada Post increased the postage rates at the specific date, I don't see any increases in PayPal Shipping for about 2-3 weeks and that is our advantage as we still can pay lower rates until they finally changed the postage rates in PayPal Shipping. 

I am sure it will be the same this year but who knew.  I can cross my fingers!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Small Packet is useless if the value of the shipped item is markedly higher than  $25....Insurance is an absolute necessity  the closer you get to $100.

On January 14....Small Packet surface gets dropped.

For this seller...

January 14 --- On eBay the replacement for Small Packet will be called Standard International shipping  with a Tracked Packet price....

Buyer will pay the Tracked Packet price... The purchased item will be shipped as Expedited Parcel USA.

When Tracked Packet is available as an option on eBay  ... shipping as Standard International Shipping will be changed to  Tracked Packet... Bulk Edit will be easy

Insurance all the way....

Tracked Packet is a good option  because it is one price to all destinations in the US... Compared to Expedited Parcel with 7 rate zones....

The difference in cost between Small Packet Air  and Tracked Packet is the cost of insurance/tracking.

In 2012 the price of Small Packet surface went up about $1.00, compared to 2011. 

For 2013   the price might have been $13.75   if it was still available. 

Tracked Packet at $17.54... makes the increased cost at about $4 relative to what Small Packet Surface might have been for 2013....

Everyone will have to decide what is best  for them....

and then... Add in the Paypal options and their costs...

One step at a time....

Message 4 of 4
latest reply