Spoof e-mail

So I got my very first scam eBay message e-mail (which did not show up in my eBay account since it's obviously fake). In the e-mail, the non-existent customer claimed that he paid me $500 USD for a new PSP (which I do not have). He also said he had contacted Paypal and that he will contact the FBI if I don't reply in 2 days,

After spending a good 10 seconds laughing at how ridiculous it is, I forwarded the e-mail to spoof@ebay.com.

I received a coined / automated response that basically attempts to teach the buyer how to keep bugging the seller. (Um, I:m the seller here, not the buyer?)... as follow:

Here's how you can get answers to your questions about an listing:

- Read the seller's answers to questions about their item and terms of  sale. To do this, in the item listing, below "Seller info," click the
 "Ask a question" link. If you don't see your answer in the questions and  answers (Q&A), click the "Contact seller" button.  If you've bid on or won the item, and can't reach the seller using the  "Contact seller" button, you can request the seller's contact  information here:   http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofindtype=9#ContactInfo

Now I'm not sure which e-mail is funnier, but thought I'd share this with any other bored souls out there. 😛

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0