Spy Item

In purchasing a spy item, such as a hidden camera, I would want the seller's feedback  to be "private", and not have a "view item" designation. If alerted, can the seller revise this? Or, as a buyer, can I make this revision in the feedback?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Spy Item

Feedback is voluntary.

I would ask  BEFORE BIDDING, that the seller not leave me any feedback.

Then I would bid , or not, based on his answer.

But more importantly, think about who you believe is monitoring your eBay purchases.

Most of the world doesn't care. You are just not that important.

So it comes to family, friends and employers.

Most of those don't care either.

For the other one, who might, all you need to do is open a new eBay account with a different credit card. Probably you should open a new Paypal account too.

Don't tell anybody about either account.

Bid.

Win.

Hmm. You may have to open a mailbox account with the post office or with a maildrop company so the item doesn't come to your house. Or have it delivered to your place of work. Or a friend's place.

On the whole, it might just be easier to buy it locally for cash. Have you checked the Yellow Pages? Or The Source? Henry's Cameras are a good Canadian company who also sell here on eBay. I've bought computers from them and have been very happy with their advice.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Spy Item

Feedback is voluntary.

I would ask  BEFORE BIDDING, that the seller not leave me any feedback.

Then I would bid , or not, based on his answer.

But more importantly, think about who you believe is monitoring your eBay purchases.

Most of the world doesn't care. You are just not that important.

So it comes to family, friends and employers.

Most of those don't care either.

For the other one, who might, all you need to do is open a new eBay account with a different credit card. Probably you should open a new Paypal account too.

Don't tell anybody about either account.

Bid.

Win.

Hmm. You may have to open a mailbox account with the post office or with a maildrop company so the item doesn't come to your house. Or have it delivered to your place of work. Or a friend's place.

On the whole, it might just be easier to buy it locally for cash. Have you checked the Yellow Pages? Or The Source? Henry's Cameras are a good Canadian company who also sell here on eBay. I've bought computers from them and have been very happy with their advice.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply