Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

eBay Sellers Scrutinize Buy.com Listings

eBay Sellers Scrutinize Buy.com Listings By: Ina Steiner Thu June 12 2008 20:09:25 Participants in an eBay Discussion Board are buzzing about Buy.com's listings on eBay. The link comes courtesy of a reader who emailed AuctionBytes, "Some of the respo...

New Policy Results Starting to Show

Good Day!!:^O From the Medved website: Ebay Listings May 18th = 14,100,000 Ebay Listings May 25th = 13,750,000 Ebay Listings June 1st = 13,350,000 Ebay Listings June 8th = 13,312,000 Now they may give a 1 cent or 10 cent listing day to hide this shor...

IMAGE THEFT & Stolen Money -- eBay's ridiculous policies

Hi all. I have a "customer" who bought $160+ of items from me, filed a dispute he didn't receive them, and relisted ONE of the items on eBay using the picture that I TOOK and used in my auction. I have the original picture. I filed an eBay policy ima...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer related suggestion for eBay/Miriam

While I appreciate the comments from other powersellers that eBay makes their money from us, I think we sometimes forget that we all make our money only if regular folks out there choose to buy stuff from us via eBay. My suggestion to Miriam/eBay is ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Cheapo listing day!!!

Isn't there normally a discount listing day just before ebay live? Would love to see one! Andrew

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Power Seller Dropping

Well since all these new policies and crap, my power seller status has dropped down one level. My sales are at an all time low on eBay, fees are at an all time high thou. I wonder what what the future holds for me because of eBay, eBay will you pleas...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

FEEDBACK extortion by SELLER !!! A NEW twist?

Just when you thought you've run into everything- something NEW crops up- SELLER FEEDBACK EXTORTION !!! Situation- we made a LARGE PURCHASE (US$600) for an item- that was PICK UP ONLY. The item weighs 800lbs+ and made mostly of glass. So a profession...

****Coupon Issues****

Some customers are currently receiving error messages when attempting to use a coupon through eBay Checkout. This is generally occurring after entering the coupon code and attempting to confirm payment. If you receive error messaging stating ‘Checkou...

FOR MIRIAM: PayPal

Hi Miriam, Yesterday eBay/PayPal posted the following message. May 30, 2008 | 04:00PM PST/PT We are aware that some customers may not be receiving payment notification emails. As a work around, transaction details can be referenced through PayPal in ...

I'm considering selling on eBayUK. Any advice or experience appreciated!

I've had a number of UK buyers and review of the UK site leads me to believe that my material would be well suited for eBayUK. However I did not see any other Canadian (or US) sellers selling directly on the site which makes me wonder, although I did...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay, please fix your software

It's pretty pathetic how I have to juggle between workarounds for features that should work in the first place. I have to rememeber: not to use Opera for editing (I use Opera for my every other browsing), not to edit the sale in Markdown Manager but ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Aussies fight back!

I'm positive that a LOT of ebay's new policies are ILLEGAL in Canada (eg discriminating against sellers based on DSRs, not allowing Western Union, etc). I wish we Canadians would take the united approach that the Australians are taking. FYI (Posted o...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Did EBAY "phone" anyone else over taking out certain policies???

Recently I made a post awhile back on here about not being too pleased with the new 'Buy-It-Now' policies and not being able to list an item for under a dollar, and making the suggestion that if we were allowed to list those items for under a dollar,...

How does that work???

Hey, been gone a while and stuck to my guns about not selling on ebay. Checked in today to get rid of some final stock, that I simply can't shift anywhere else to find an invite back into the world of Powersellers. What gives? I've sold NOTHING over ...

Best Match Glitch

Finally had some time yesterday morning and listed two, yes...count them two, auctions. I even STATED shipping! (These are my first two auctions for the year.) The Dashboard says that I have a RAISED search standing. Well, I went in and did a search ...

Business to business payment terms

This is not really an eBay related topic, but I do not have any other peers to discuss business matters because all my friends are enjoying the stability of employements. I have one business customer, who I did a small contract for. My wife emailed t...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

NEW !!! Listings from any one seller will be limited to 10 per page

Did anyone catch this in the recent MAY 19th announcement? According to MIRIAM who directed us here: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200805191654102.html PREFACE: "Starting early June, the Multiple Listings Limit Policy, which limits sellers to 15 identic...

Its raining Negs !

HI All, Now i don't know if its just me, but this advertising to buyers that they cannot leave negative everywhere in red no less, has brought on a slew of neg happy newbies. Its just crazy. I have a buyer ( newbie of course, who paid for an item ( s...

• 30 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal Must Be Offered When Listing Local P/U Only Auction

Just as the title states, I recently found out that in the new and improved venue, I must offer Paypal when I list an item for local pick up only. Thinking it was only a glitch, I tried listing again, same "error message". Got on with live help, was ...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Get my fist negative feedback for no reason

A moron with ZERO feedback left me a negative since I shipped his 2 days later (plus 2 weekend days). I'm out of town and I explained it already. I really like the ebay feekback system ----------------------------------------------- IF I'M A BUYER. I...

Hilarious thread on the new Dashboard...

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=1000704635&start=80 I particularly like this post: Dashboard They Promised: Dashboard We Got:

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller dashboard stuck?

In over 100 FB in the last week or so, my SD values have not budged in either direction, day after day. Coincidence or is this happening to anyone else? Xena

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

For those who have PS account managers: are they based in US or Canada?

We currently have an account manager....but he is based in the US. Don't they offer Canadian PS managers? The last Canadian contact we had was the GM of Ebay Motors CA before he left 2 years ago or so. It just seems odd that we are probably in the to...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.