Square Trade worth our money?

hw904
Community Member
will square trade attract more buyers? Does it really works?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

whoscloset
Community Member

Double nope.

Ann

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

triple nope
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

icbinc
Community Member
When I see a member trumpeting Squaretrade all over their listings, the first thing I think is "This seller cannot handle their own problems, and has to resort to paying off a company to remove their negs."

That being said, their "verification" is a farce. They called us up once offering Warranty service. We said we'd think about it. Without filling out one form, all of a sudden all our listings were getting the squaretrade logo inserted as a "trusted" member offering warranty service. (We had agreed to a dispute process with a seller a couple years ago, so I suppose that's how thay had some sort of authorization into our account - That got revoked REAL quick!)

Many e-mails back and forth later, I could not get a straight answer from them on how we got hooked into this program.

Bit of a story, but essentially boils things down to if I had a choice between a member and one that wasn't, I'd likely choose the one without. I'm likely not the only one thinking this way.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

We too are experiencing a similiar situation to technologyassociatesinc, looked at their site once received one phone call from them -- all of a sudden their logo's are being inserted into our ads.

Have not done to much about it -- figured it cannot hurt to have it.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

chicbeebies
Community Member
I just wonder how to get myself out of the squaretrade thing because I do not see how it helps me. I have gone on to their website to cancel my membership but every month I keep getting charged on my credit card. Any suggestions?
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

chicbeebies,
You must phone them to cancel the Square trade services. I had one heck of a time to cancel mine last year.

I phoned them and they actually disconnected while "transferring" my call. Called again, they said they would take care of it but after I had taken the seals out of my old listings, they would be in my new listings again.

Emailed them again and stated the number of emails I had sent them, the 2 phone calls and gave dates for the contacts made. I asked them what else I needed to do to get rid of them.

I finally got an email back with an apology and all seals where taken off immediately.
Not worth the money or the hassle. p
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

chicbeebies
Community Member
Thank you Peteese, I will have to this tomorrow. I have going to their website to deactivate my account and they still charge me the $9.50US every 2oth. Hope it works for me.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply