Suspicious buyer

I listed an item for sale(bid). the buyer won the item and paid for it with a paypal account. the paypal funds were transferred in my account. I received an email update to ship the item. the ebay member and paypal address were the same and the paypal address was confirmed. I shipped the item to the confirmed address. hours later i received an email from ebay warning me not to ship the item as the case is in review by paypal, Suspicious buyer. regarding the case paypal requested shipping proof, I provided the shipping receipt.

Days later the case was resolved and funds refunded to the buyer. I tried to appeal the case but don't have the option too. now the buyer is no longer registered on ebay. I have exchanged several emails with paypal but keep getting the same cut & paste reply from the help section of the website.

I have shipped the item & payed for shipping. How can i get reimburse for my loss in funds. ( item & shipping) who can i contact? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Suspicious buyer

If the Paypal email said that you were covered by seller protection and to ship the item and if you have a tracking number that was scanned to prove the item was shipped then you should have been covered.

You said that you provided a shipping receipt..what exactly did you send to them? Was it an over the counter receipt showing that you paid? Was there a tracking number on the receipt?

For a credit card chargeback you need to have online proof of shipment rather than proof of delivery so this might be the same sort of situation. If it was an over the counter receipt  the problem is that it shows you purchased postage but not necessarily that the item was shipped. But I would still phone Paypal and talk to them about it.

To call them, sign into your paypal account and the bottom of the page there is a contact us link.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If the Paypal email said that you were covered by seller protection and to ship the item and if you have a tracking number that was scanned to prove the item was shipped then you should have been covered.

You said that you provided a shipping receipt..what exactly did you send to them? Was it an over the counter receipt showing that you paid? Was there a tracking number on the receipt?

For a credit card chargeback you need to have online proof of shipment rather than proof of delivery so this might be the same sort of situation. If it was an over the counter receipt  the problem is that it shows you purchased postage but not necessarily that the item was shipped. But I would still phone Paypal and talk to them about it.

To call them, sign into your paypal account and the bottom of the page there is a contact us link.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If the Paypal email said

But was it a real Paypal email?

Definitely talk to Paypal first and don't be afraid to ask for a manager.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the advice. Paypal realized the mistake and credited the amount back to my account. the whole process took a month but at least it is resolved. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply