~~ The Drawing Room ~~

jaymor8
Community Member
I thought about this yesterday when I was looking for Lisa. I was getting impatient wondering if anyone had seen her. I didn't want to post in another thread because it may have been mised, so I had to email her instead. (Which was no problem by the way)

Then I thought...maybe we could have a thread where we could come and ask about someone or just to say something that just doesn't pertain to anything in particular. It's always a bit weird going 'off subject' in someone else's thread.

So, this thread will be for EVERYone and it could be about ANYthing. You don't ever have to use it, but if you need to, great. Doesn't mean you can't make your own thread, it just mimics the ski chalet after a day of skiing. Say what you want - ask what you want - show your pictures - comment on the dot com threads (yuk yuk) A veritable freebie. I hope it will be useful but if it's not - then...$screw you guys - I'm going home! 🙂

Jackie...
Message 1 of 951
latest reply
950 REPLIES 950

Re: ~~ The Drawing Room ~~

muminlaw
Community Member
Fries are not meant to be served with anything except salt and malt vinegar!

By the way, I've sent your dancing duo to several friends -- they all thought they're great!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 941 of 951
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Yes, I also enjoy them with salt and vinegar!, but when I am feeling a bit like french cuisine.... well then bring on the gravy and cirds....

Jeff
Message 942 of 951
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Well Jeff, if you decide to come West for golf in the winter, you'd better not expect edible poutine--not quite my idea or French cuisine but .......... I'll provide a meal or two that are reasonably edible, but no promises for gourmet!

Glenda
Glenda

Message 943 of 951
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Booooooooooooooooooooo.....hi everyone. Long time no talk. I haven't been on an ebay board since Christmas. Hope everyone is well. I have missed talking to you Glenda and Malcolm.

Take care!!!

Jackie...
Message 944 of 951
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Hi Jackie
I was wondering where you were. Glad you dropped in and said Hi as I will probably only have anoher month as a PSer given my bad January and February.

That sould be fun, dropping from being a Silver to a nothing!

Hope that you had a great Christmas, although that seems so long ago I hardly remember it, excpet for my credit card bills that keep reminding me every month.

Malcolm
Message 945 of 951
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Malcolm - I got really tired of the chicanery on the other board especially with the reappearance of FTD so I stopped going there over the Christmas season. I just never went back but for 2 quick peeks to see if anyone was having problems with their paypal, ever since.

Christmas was very nice this year. We did Kingston for Christmas and then picked up Paul's kids for a week on the way back. That was anything BUT quiet. This year, he wanted an electric guitar. We took him to buy it at our local Mall. Thank God for headphones.

Paul is leaving on Tuesday morning for a month in Borden. I am going to lose my mind, I think. I will miss him terribly. But, it's a step forward in his career and it will definitely improve our options.

Aside from that...we are well and longing for spring. Can't wait to dust off the bike and get up some speed on the paths. I need the fresh air!!! 😉

Jackie...
Message 946 of 951
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
I would kill for quiet. Right now I have over 20 in-laws sleeping over at my house. There are about 29 finishing their dinner as I type this out (Ottawa's Winterlude).

The worst part are the kids. Nice on their own but like dogs, wild in a pack. I just pulled 8 of them out from my basement home theatre where they were hiding behind the curtains around my screen where my front speakers are located.

A few more could be found in my office area snooping around and looking for stuff to do. I never acted like tat when visiting when I was a child and all this goes on while the parents chug back a few beers without a care in the world.

I am glad my kids take after my side of the family and know their place when visiting.

I go to the 'other' board only about once a month and spend no more than 15 minutes browsing through the interesting threads, none of which are politically-geared. I dont have to look that far if I want to find unintelligent behavior, especially this weekend.

I'm qickly growing tired of this routine so I will be turning my eyes onto other ventures. I will still sell ocassionally but only to make a really healthy profit or I am not interested. Especially not interested in putting my heard earned monies into eBay's pockets for simply providing me a venue to sell.

I am content with looking forward to tomorrow!

Malcolm
Message 947 of 951
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Jackie, I'm at a show this weekend in Vancouver (Hi Todd!!!) and was planning emailing you this week! I've really missed your pithy comments on the boards - not that I've spent a lot of time on .com lately. Anyhow, it's good to see you back -- will talk more after the weekend when our show is over and we're back home (after our Monday morning golf game!)

Glenda
Glenda

Message 948 of 951
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
I love this girl....she's a golf maniac. I'll just bet you have the temps for it too, Glenda. We are in the middle of a 2 day snow fall. Shouldn't really complain because this is really a mild winter, comparatively speaking.

Well, I am on my own for a month now. It's been 1 day and I am already bored to tears. Dunno what kind of shape I'll be in come the 30th day. Oh well....positive thoughts only!!!

Sorry to hear about your wild bunch, Malcolm. I agree that we sure were raised differently. Can't stand people who think it's funny when their kids wreak havoc. That's a really good way to lose a few friends or family members!

Jackie...
Message 949 of 951
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
I told both of my kids (15 and 20 yrs) how proud I was of them, for the way that they have always respected others, where they were and who they were.

Well no damage after the Winterlude weekend so I guess that is something to be thankful for and Jackie, I love that silence right now, although I understand your situation for a month is considerably different.

Find solice in this board and keep away from that US board. I wandered over this weekend and the first post I read had a comment from the "recently-deceased" out of Florida so I got the heck off the board before I resorted to making a comment or three.

Malcolm

Message 950 of 951
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
No worries there, Malcolm. I have a busy day ahead and it doesn't include any cross-border crap!!!

Jackie...
Message 951 of 951
latest reply