~~ The Drawing Room ~~

jaymor8
Community Member
I thought about this yesterday when I was looking for Lisa. I was getting impatient wondering if anyone had seen her. I didn't want to post in another thread because it may have been mised, so I had to email her instead. (Which was no problem by the way)

Then I thought...maybe we could have a thread where we could come and ask about someone or just to say something that just doesn't pertain to anything in particular. It's always a bit weird going 'off subject' in someone else's thread.

So, this thread will be for EVERYone and it could be about ANYthing. You don't ever have to use it, but if you need to, great. Doesn't mean you can't make your own thread, it just mimics the ski chalet after a day of skiing. Say what you want - ask what you want - show your pictures - comment on the dot com threads (yuk yuk) A veritable freebie. I hope it will be useful but if it's not - then...$screw you guys - I'm going home! 🙂

Jackie...
Message 1 of 951
latest reply
950 REPLIES 950

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

thebidwatcher
Community Member
First to enter!

Brought my own crayons for drawing too.

Criminy that Christian Bunny keeps going and going and going. Someone shoot that muthuh and put it out of its misery.

Now on the CTS board there is a thread about a big blow in Nova Scoatia and I made a rude remark and I was totally ignored. I was totally insulted. Maybe THAT's what a benefit of the PS board is after all.

Lisa
Message 2 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

jaymor8
Community Member
Ok I have to show my ignorance here. What is the CTS board and can I go there???

Yes that christians thread needs to be shot. This thing has gained a momentum that I have never seen before. I think it's human nature for folks to wallow in other people's misery - especially self-imposed misery. You reap what you sow!

Jackie...
Message 3 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

deltone
Community Member
HELLO!!!
I've been away in NS on vacation and am back home in ON!

I read that Christian's thread. Wow!!! OY!!! YIKES!!! SHEESH!!! What else can I say!!! LOL

Loved the comments by you Jackie!! (and I agree)

I don't want to offend ANYONE but my goodness.......the guy comes on ebay with that stuff? Pray for me.....and then all that other stuff follows. Unbelievable. LOL
Message 4 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

thebidwatcher
Community Member
The C-anada T-own S-quare. It's where the Canadian common eBayers hang baby. Not the royalty like us, hon.
Message 5 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

jaymor8
Community Member
Deltone - I'm so glad you're back. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you lately, most especially about that dopey thread. Can you even believe that carp? I don't know what the OP's real purpose was for starting that thread, but it sure amused a bunch of people for a couple of days. I am so glad to see someone else realizes that the board was completely inappropriate for this tirade.

Hope you had a great holiday. Now it's back to reality, huh??

Cheers, Jackie...
Message 6 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

jaymor8
Community Member
LOL Lisa - I will have to check it out. It didn't have any marquis or flashing lights, so I just didn't notice it. Hehehehehehe... My loss!

Jackie...
Message 7 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

deltone
Community Member
Thanks Jackie. I was gone for a week and had VERY limited access to the net as my aunt and uncle only have one phone line and they use their phone a lot so I was limited to using my laptop when everyone was in bed, and that was very late!! ;o)

Now I have to go and list a bunch of auctions as I have been suffering from withdrawal!! :o(

That thread was totally inappropriate imho, and frankly I get a bit cross-eyed when I see people quoting the scriptures. To each their own, for sure, but geez, on an ebay board. Almost feels creepy.

What made me laugh (one of the things) was that depot character being all "christian-like" yet he is the one who slams Canada all the time. Hypocrite!!!

And the fact that the guy apparently was carrying on a cyber affair online, well, that's sickening. Who can believe whether the attention seeking jerk is even telling the truth about his wife leaving. You'd think if it were true, he'd have better things to be doing than seeking prayers on an ebay board. Amazing isn't it!!!
Message 8 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

treasure-pot
Community Member
Have you ever noticed that some of the nastiest buyers end their emails with a "May God bless your soul" or other similar Christian sentiment?

Three of the very worst people that I have dealt with on eBay interject these little tidbits while condeming someone (me) to hell for some apparent (the post office) transgression. I would have pointed out the hypocrasy of it all if I thought for a moment it might register in their little squirrel-cage of a mind.

Sorry Jackie, but you did say ANYthing. I just needed to get that itty-bitty rant off my chest. I'm done now and you can resume your normal programming.

Bill

Message 9 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

deltone
Community Member
LOL........I have to agree Treasure!! SO TRUE.

When are people going to realize that EBay is not the place to spout religious things? Religion is VERY personal, and to come on here like that with all that scripture stuff is insulting. Not to mention that asking for prayers from Christians leaves out all of the other religions which are plentiful in North America.

I must admit though, I found that thread somewhat entertaining. I know, I know, I lead a VERY boring life. LOL
Message 10 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

muminlaw
Community Member
I have to admit that I've found that thread entertaining! I haven't watched soap operas for years and this reminded me what I've been missing. But that'll do me now for another couple of decades!

I was really pleased to see that Jackie got a lot of support for her views but I noticed that no-one quite dared say much until she started it -- kinda opened the flood-gates. And I totally agree about the bible-quoting, hell & damnation preachers -- what's that line about being rewarded openly for good works done in secret? Maybe that doesn't quite fit with today's Christian attitudes?

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 11 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

deltone
Community Member
I rarely post in that board (more of a lurker), and don't even know any of the "main characters" and came upon it as it wound down. I generally find it very hard to keep my mouth shout when I see such garbage in a post. I agree, Jackie's posts were GREAT!!!!!

I used to post fairly regularly in the International board and ended up in a few scuffles. LOL
Message 12 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

jaymor8
Community Member
Glenda & Delt - Phooey to scuffles. My theory is this - once you publicize something on the boards, you have just opened the gates of hell and essentially invited all of the folks to comment on your posting. It's a public arena and I dare say that if you don't want to hear a critique, then shut the he77 up.

That guy must have thought we were all morons (sadly many of them were) and that we would never unearth the real problem that he was having (if indeed he even had one). And - I'm sorry but I take offense to that. I feel sick watching people turn into some strange extension of themselves in an effort to impress perfect strangers. Towit - FTD...like Delt said...this is the biggest hypocrate because he is the biggest bigot I have ever seen and yet his bible thumping bordered on vulgar.

If they didn't see that jerk's true colors after he openly chided his ex-lover in front of eveyone then I say that this whole thing had to be a hoax.

Anyway...I'm done with it. It's bizarre, it's weird and it doesn't deserve any of out time (LOL). But...I just have to go back there one last time to make sure that the OP has eaten today. Gag me with a spoon!!!

Hugs, Jackie...
Message 13 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

deltone
Community Member
LOL Jackie. Can't disagree with a thing you said!!!

It's so true, that when you post something on here, COUNT on having some agree, and some disagree. It's just the way it is.

I used to post a LOT over on the Beanie Baby board, and some of the shenanigans that went on there, on what would seem to be a rather innocent board would make a sailor blush.

I actually got to know MANY of the posters there as there were several gatherings throughout the US and in Niagara Falls Canada, and MOST of the people were great but there were a few that actually threw away their families, all in the name of "love" for one of the regular posters there who had a "harem" of easily over 25 women, and an even greater list of wannabes. It was humorous (and yet oh so sad) to actually witness this happen.
Message 14 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

jaymor8
Community Member
Delt (I don't know your name :() - are you quite serious? There are a lot of cyber affairs among PSers? Holy...I think that it must be because they 'think' that the PSer has more in common with them than their spouse. I guess there are a lot of lonely people out there and that in itself is a real shame 😞

Suddenly I feel very blessed. I have a great hubby and then I have O'man 😉 Oh yaaaaaaaaaaa 🙂 Hey Lisa?? Bite me 😛

Jackie...
Message 15 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

deltone
Community Member
Jackie, my name is Debbie (or deb). No, not PSers.....they were ebayers though. Yep, I can think of several instances where these women left their husbands and children, for this same one guy. I can also think of MANY cases where the husbands of some of these other women found out but somehow they were able to salvage their marriages.

I'm not sure what this guy actually had, as far as being able to get SO many women, as he was/is really nothing special. As it turns out, in the end, he didn't stay with any of them and now has a new woman in his life....a non ebayer. You wouldn't have believed the mud slinging and dirty deeds done over there on the Beanie Baby board. LOL I'm serious too.

Not finding it funny that this guy was able to take advantage of so many women, and families splitting up, as that is tragic, but I'm telling you, there was some real strange stuff going on. I'll never forget the day I innocently happened upon the ebay Beanie Baby board! LOL All I wanted to do was learn about selling the little critters on ebay. LOL

I did meet several FANTASTIC people and have actually made some GREAT friends, and maintain friendships with them to this day (originally joined ebay back in Sept 98). They're all women though, and I remain HAPPILY married. LOL

I could tell you stories about some of these "goings on" that would curl your hair. Some of these women were nice ladies too, but for whatever reason, they were taken in by this guy. I guess they found him charming. To each their own, for sure!! lol
Message 16 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

thebidwatcher
Community Member
Jackie,

Don't say Bite Me unless you mean it baby.

I take my "Bite Me's" to heart. In fact, I'm collecting them and having them framed.

Oh Yeah. Bite me.

Kisses...

Lisa
Message 17 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

jaymor8
Community Member
Holy carp Lisa - I guess that's going to be one of them 'room divider' frames? The ones with 100 slots (uh oh) in which to slip your pics??

On a serious note - is that gonna be one of them big a$$ frames? 😛

Jackie...
Message 18 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

thebidwatcher
Community Member
No bigger than your frame will need to be I'm shore. *snort*
Message 19 of 951
latest reply

~~ The Drawing Room ~~

jaymor8