The feedback area

winny_lpoo
Community Member

Hi!

80 characters to leave a feedback doesn't satisfy me at all!
I have a lot to say about my experience with a certain seller and the product he sent me.
Is there a place on ebay where the buyer can discuss about their experiences?

I want to help the future buyer.

Thanks for helping me on this.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The feedback area

"80 characters to leave a feedback doesn't satisfy me at all!"

Sorry but that is all we all get.

The point of "feedback" is to leave a short comment about the experience.  Positive, neutral or negative. This is not the place to write a book or an essay.

Posting rules allow you to describe your experience on these discussion boards but you cannot name the seller.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The feedback area

"80 characters to leave a feedback doesn't satisfy me at all!"

Sorry but that is all we all get.

The point of "feedback" is to leave a short comment about the experience.  Positive, neutral or negative. This is not the place to write a book or an essay.

Posting rules allow you to describe your experience on these discussion boards but you cannot name the seller.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The feedback area

This is not right...

We should have the right to tell more about a seller or a product...
I don't understand the all concept of "not writing a book"... I don't want to.
I just wanted to tell the truth of what happened to me. I have a particular story.. Everyone does. And everyone should be free to tell their experiences.

That sell cost me time and money, and the seller was not honest. If I can help the future buyer by letting them know what they are about to buy, I will be happy (I also have picture that shows it).

But it ok.. Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The feedback area

You purchased these items six weeks ago from a seller in China. 

Your negative feedback comment says it all. 

It joins 21 other buyers who have left negative feedback in the last twelve months in addition to many who left neutral comments.

Unfortunately, the reality of the online world means that buyers will continue to buy from that seller assuming they will be among the 97% who are satisfied, not among the 3% who are not.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The feedback area

When you leavefeedback,you can also leave Detailed Seller Ratings.

A normal boring transaction gets 5 stars. The lowest rating is ONE star. No stars is a Free Pass.

If DSRs drop too low, the seller's ability to list and sell is restricted, his fees may rise, the number and value of items he can sell may be reduced, or his selling account may be closed temporarily or permanently.

If you left a long story nobody would read it.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. 'Pd Jan1 not rec'd by Jne 1 no refund' for example.

Anything else makes you look.... a little odd. Especially if you tend to leave similar fb often. This gets you on Blocked Bidder Lists.

You want the SELLER to look bad, not you.

Leaving NO feedback, which seems to be your choice, is also voluntary.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply