Tracking info not showing up?

hollieante
Community Member

Hello,

I recently bought something under a guest account (I couldnt remember my user login info at the time) and now when I use the access code to sign in, it takes me to the tracking page that has nothing on it but a couple of ads. No info at all. I have a tracking number and everything, but I cant even get far enough to input it. Help?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Tracking info not showing up?

If you have a tracking number , it is with USPS, Canada Post or DHL ... basically whoever the seller shipped with.

Go to the website of the shipping company to use tracking.

If it is travelling by post, when it gets to Canada it will start showing on the Canada Post website, canadapost.ca.

If your seller was using the Global Shipping Program it's both simpler and trickier.

The US seller ships to the GSP plant in Kentucky, using tracking.

The GSP then pays the import fees to Canada, loads your parcel on a truck with thousands of others and ships it to Canada. They have an internal tracking number but it is not public.

When the truck arrives in Canada, the parcels are transferred to Canada Post and delivered to you.

No delay at the border, because the duty and tax are already paid.

A tracking number is only useful to the seller, who uses it to disprove phoney Item Not Received claims. But many buyers have an emotional need to know that their purchase is not yet on their doorstep.

If the item has not shown up in 20 days from purchase (30 from Asia) contact the seller. If he does not refund-- he may ask for another week since it is the holiday rush-- by no later than Day42 open an Item Not Received dispute and get your money back from Paypal.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply