Trying to cancel a bad transaction

Same old story. 0 feedback bidder just signed up with the sole intention of messing around. Bids on a $300US item won't pay without seeing the item in person first and wants to cancel. So I put through a cancel right away, reason: buyer wants to cancel. That was allmost a week ago and the idiot won't respond to the cancel.

How to get back the $31.50 final value fee now? I am a bit angry that ebay is allowing.this garbage to go on.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Trying to cancel a bad transaction

If they don't answer you, then in 8 days (or could be 10, not sure), it will be closed and you will receive your refund of fvf fees.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I'm hearing about this a lot lately so I'm beginning to wonder if the buyer is still asked to agree or disagree.  For the last couple of cancellations the buyers never did answer and when I did the cancellation, the message from ebay said that they will 'let the buyer know' that the transaction was cancelled. I don't think that's what it used to say?

The cancellation did automatically close after about 10 days.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

From what I can tell the instant process only works when it's a buyer initiated cancellation (available for the first hour) and no payment has yet been made.

After that it's a seller initiated cancellation (as requested by the buyer) in which case eBay does require the buyer to confirm (or let it time out if they don't reply at all).

Any other way would result in a ton of abuse by sellers.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

One of my customers bought three bracelets, one after the other.  He only wanted one but it did not show up in his shopping cart, so he kept buying  He asked me to cancel the transactions as it was a mistake (I don't think even an hour passed).  I filed for cancellation and received a notice that purchaser  has to agree.  He did, but the next step was that purchaser has to acknowledge refund received before cancellation can take place.  Purchaser never paid, there was nothing to refund, just a wish to cancel.   Purchaser has been trying to work it out on his end but no success.  

What happened to Mutual Release?  Is this a set up for keeping the FVF and punishing the seller for "defect"?  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

One fortunate thing. This happened the day after the cutoff for the feb2015 bill. So if it was a day earlier then we would have had to pay ebay $31.50US and wait until march30 to get a credit.

ebay needs to smarten up with this type of thing.

Another thing. This pathetic buyer is authorized to do this garbage again.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

It is sad that ebay is getting away with this.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ok over 11 days now since the cancel and ebay still has not done anything. This is pathetic.

It still says waiting for confirmation from the buyer that they got a refund. They never payed in the first place. If they did then ebay would have some sort of record of a payment.

It should be quite clear to them what really happened.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Over 12 days now and still nothing.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

You could call ebay. For all I know, since the rules are always changing, maybe they have to close it for you.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Ended up calling ebay last night and was lucky to get an english speaking person who knew where Canada is. He was very polite and fixed the situation and we got our $37 CDN final value fee back instantly even though he said 24 hours.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply