US Shipping Locations Close to the Border and Parcel Pickups

fitzheueninternational
Community Member
Hi

I am compiling a list of US shipping locations with Company Names, Addresses and Phone Numbers across Canada that are close to the border.

If there are any requirements that these US Companies require to set up these addresses and accounts please let me know.

I am looking this as a benefit for all Power Sellers and Canadian ebay Members.

I can be emailed directly with the information.

Al

fitzheueninternational@yahoo.ca
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

secondeclipse
Community Member
Thank Mel

I been using them for a while now.

They do not offer frree stuff like USPS.

Al
Message 21 of 39
latest reply

Hey Al. How many ID's do you have??? I'm losing track!LOL

Andrew
Message 22 of 39
latest reply

mmc-super
Community Member
Maybe its not the same Al; but then again, maybe "Al" has split personalities. Many e-Bay sellers have 2 IDs - a Buying and a Selling.

I do.
Message 23 of 39
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
You don't make PS on a buying id.

Monique

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Some people have multiple id's because they sell different product lines. Others build multiple ids to have back-ups when one id gets hit with lots of negs and it begins to interfere with sales.

OP appears to sell the same product lines across all id's. 😉

Monique

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Dont make power seller on three accounts by sitting on your butt also.
Message 26 of 39
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
If anyone knows any other companies that can be used for shipping that is close to the Canada US border please list it in here for others to use or view. 😉
Message 27 of 39
latest reply

mmc-super
Community Member
If you want the real goods Monique - you can make PS on a buying ID that also sells. The split line works. Many sellers, purchase products on one account for their other non-related items ID.

I know of several people on the clothing board who have more than one selling ID but sell basically the same things. One PS with 20,000+ score posted that she was finally closing that ID down. When asked why she said she had been running two ID for over a year. The reason is she found her sales had declined expodentially as her score increased.

She opened a second ID and listed a few things. Once she reached 700+, it was selling items for higher $ than the one with over 20,000. The rationale she explained is that many buyers won't purchase from a seller with such high feedback. They figure the seller is too big to care about good customer service and they expect a better deal from a smaller score.

You should have seen the feedback on the forum. Several sellers commented on their similar experience.

So you see Monique, you may not know the entire story.

FITZ: I can't even imagine being a PS on 3 IDs, I have a hard time keeping the my little bronze going that I have. I work full-time outside of e-Bay. You and an army must work full-time on your bronze, silver and gold (I think I read in another thread).
Message 28 of 39
latest reply

mmc, I think you have missed the point entirely.
Message 29 of 39
latest reply

palmrepairs
Community Member
Hey MMC

I have three different sites that I sell product on ebay.

Some have similar items but different product types or products by manufacturers.

I am not sure what is wrong with that and it is a wise business decision to limit risk and market curves.

Others even sell different product lines all together on various ebay sites.

When you are selling a product line for too long on a ebay id or site you get repeat customers that are only looking for that product or get pegged as being a one product seller.

Multiple site allows you to open different market channels on ebay and on the internet.

This allows you to channel your sales to other areas when it gets slow and is a wise marketing and business decision.

Monique feedback seems to be high on your list of comments and I wanted to clarify that this is a constant battle in the electronics market on ebay.

The bait and switch is rampant.

Buy junk from one seller, and a good one from another,
Email the person when the item arrives and tell the person with the good item that the good item is now not working or junk.

They they get a two for the price of one now which is better than a department store electronics sale.

If I was selling bed sheet sets I would have a high rating also due to customer expectations.

They do not read past the first line of the auction or just looking at the picture when bidding on item.

Half the time I wonder why I even write anything in the description due to it not being read properly or at all by the buyer.

If you check with anyone who is selling in the electronics market there are very few sellers with a near perfect rating.

Some will have high ratings and others will have less due to the product lines and the bulls eye for fraud.

I have seen sellers with 97% or less rating and they are still selling on ebay despite the feedback.

I guess once again we are going off topic here.

I hope I have answered everyones questions now.

I like books !!!!!!

The thread was intended for possible shipping locations across Canada for Power Sellers.

So as not to confuse anyone.

It's Al again

fitzheuen
secondeclipse
Message 30 of 39
latest reply

Monique ... you are a baaaaad girl!
Message 31 of 39
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
]:)

Monique

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

Question, I realize this has probably been discussed before, but it's new to me!!...Those of you that do the drive across the border and ship via usps, what's the process when you get to the US border? What do you have to do? Prepare? etc. etc.
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

mmc-super
Community Member
You need to complete a 7523 form indicating the class of good being imported with the appropriate HTSUS Codes. The latter may be obtained by contacting customs or going online to find it.

Once you have completed your 7523 form, you must include a copy of your invoices to your customers. Some sellers include a summary sheet of who gets what. Some sellers also provide customs with two copies of these documents.

There are limitations:

- $200 per buyer as customs duties apply for any one person for which you have imported more than that
- $2,000 per entry maximum, otherwise you must do a formal entry (involves a customs broker - ka ching, ka ching)
- $5 limit on clothing and shoes because of customs visa restrictions, otherwise you must do a formal entry (see above).

Once you have all of your paperwork in order, you proceed to the border, with proper ID (driver's licence and birth certificate). You must use the truck lane (far right lane).

Once it is your turn, go to the elevated booth (truck cab level). Hand your ID, paperwork and $10.75 to the customs officer. It costs $10.75 to import your customer's parcels into the U.S. to distribute or mail them.

If the paperwork is incorrect, they will send you into the building to speak with a customs officer to clear your load.

From time to time they inspect your vehicle OR they can ask you to pull to the back of the building, where they x-ray your vehicle (without driver) to see if you are hiding anything.

Sounds scary at first but it is OK, once you learn the process. I recommend that you ask someone who is already clearing customs, to take you across with them once. I usually recommend that you do not have any parcels with you the first time. It would not be fair to the other seller to be delayed if your paperwork is not in good order.
Message 34 of 39
latest reply

Great info MMC, thank you. Just one final question, can you clarify the $5 limit on clothing and shoes?...what does that mean exactly? (I am in the clothing business)
Message 35 of 39
latest reply

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/import/duty_rates/determining.xml

Form 7523 is for use in importing duty-free goods only; you may want to wade through the website to find out if your product line qualifies.

I believe the $10.75 fee mentioned by another poster applies only to occasional importers; most regular border-crossers purchase an annual pass. Not sure how much it is now, but it's a lot cheaper that $10.75/trip.

Ann
Message 36 of 39
latest reply

mmc-super
Community Member
Zarzuella: There is an annual pass but the cost is in excess of $200 U.S. If I were going to the U.S. weekly or bi-weekly to ship, I would definitely purchase that pass.

We used to ship twice weekly (mostly clothing) to the U.S. by importing the items into the U.S. In January that stopped. I was turned back at the border as I had more than $5 in clothing. There was always a $200 limit per customer and most officers did not enforce the $5 limit on items, but in January that all changed. If you wish more details, go to the Greater Niagara eBay Community group (on .com) and check out their discussions. They have a HUGE thread on it.
Message 37 of 39
latest reply

It a special number for large orders (or Canadians?). If you order that way there are none of the quantity limits that they have with online orders (if that matters).

recped, is that the only nuimber you have? I can't get past the front end automated reply.
Message 38 of 39
latest reply

I recall having a similar problem with my last order (March?), ended up calling the regular/main number and explaining I wanted to do an International order, they gave me the same number, told them it wasn't working and they transfered me. The first time I was told the call could not be transfered, second time I insisted!
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 39 of 39
latest reply