US Shipping Locations Close to the Border and Parcel Pickups

fitzheueninternational
Community Member
Hi

I am compiling a list of US shipping locations with Company Names, Addresses and Phone Numbers across Canada that are close to the border.

If there are any requirements that these US Companies require to set up these addresses and accounts please let me know.

I am looking this as a benefit for all Power Sellers and Canadian ebay Members.

I can be emailed directly with the information.

Al

fitzheueninternational@yahoo.ca
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

coraleeo
Community Member
Hello,
You can set up a post office box. There is a company call Can-am. 716-284-6245 at the Falls/buffalo boarder, you don't even have to set-up an account with him. Just ship and pick-up. $5.40 for packages under 20lbs, You get a street address. I ship there all the time, save a TON.

hopes this helps,
Cora
Message 2 of 39
latest reply

fitzheueninternational
Community Member
Hi

Thanks for the information.

I will be adding it to my list to be circulated to help others.

Al

fitzheueninternational
Message 3 of 39
latest reply

fitzheueninternational
Community Member
Us Address Mail Box Rentals

3909 Witmer Road

Niagara Falls, New York

14305-1244

716 289 1822

usaddress@adelphia.net

CBI

1711 Cudaback Avenue

Niagara Falls New York

716 282 7447

1 800 859 3129

info@cbiusa.com

Can-am.

Falls Buffalo boarder

716-284-6245
Message 4 of 39
latest reply

fitzheueninternational
Community Member
HI

Thank you to all who have posted information on this thread.

Al
Message 5 of 39
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Just bumping this message up in the board so others see this message.

Al
Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Al!

You are no longer international!
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

I was using a Mailbox at the UPS Store (Military Trail, Niagara Falls, NY) ... but found the Lasalle USPS Post Office (9860 Niagara Falls Blvd) in Niagara Falls, NY to be much cheaper and now do all my mailing from there (twice a week) as well as pickups. Great for having the USPS deliver all the free mailing supplies there as well.

The only downside is that UPS and FedEx will not deliver there (no one will sign for things).
Message 8 of 39
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Just an update to this thread. I have been doing my own US shipping / customs clearance for a few months now and I am saving on average 40 to 50 percent on the costs associated with US shipping using USPS than I would normally pay through Canada Post. This has been a huge saving for my business and is getting items to US customer faster than using Canada Post. I have items arrive on average around 3 days after they are shipped from the US to US locations which if you look at the time normally to ship from Canada is half the time. Even waiting a few days to ship until you have enough parcels to make it worth while it will make you dollars and cents. I still keep within he 7 days required by paypal to meet the seller protection policies and I am getting less hassles from buyers on delivery times. It takes a bit more paper work to complete the process and you work as your own broker or importer to the US. It takes a bit of time and practice to fill out the shipping / customs clearance information and time out of you day but well worth looking into it if you are shipping a lot of parels to the US. I still get the delivery confirmation for almost half the price with tracking and signature if required. On 25 items at $14.50 usd each shipping charged through Canada Post, well you do the math and come to your own conclusions.
Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Great for having the USPS deliver all the free mailing supplies there as well.

Just FYI, USPS will be happy to send those supplies right to your door in Canada.

I love it when Canada Post drops off a few boxes of "USPS Mailing Supplies", it's sort of like rubbing it in their faces!
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 10 of 39
latest reply

one additional thing...you can't order the supplies online if you want them shipped to Canada.

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

So, how do you order? Telephone?
I order online then have to get them here from my US po box.
Message 12 of 39
latest reply

1-800-610-8734

It a special number for large orders (or Canadians?). If you order that way there are none of the quantity limits that they have with online orders (if that matters).

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Can you get the ones that say eBay on them through there? The only way I've found to get them is to open a US eBay ID and then order them through the special link to do so.

It doesn't really matter, but I like the idea of having the box say eBay on it. 🙂

http://ebaysupplies.usps.com/

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 14 of 39
latest reply

Anyone know if the new flat-rate international Air box is available yet?
Message 15 of 39
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
I didn't even know they had a flat rate International box!! That's cool and new. I thought the max weight for International was 4 pounds and after that it had to go parcel. Cool!!

I've only been able to get Global Priority Boxes from post offices. The eBay USPS link doesn't offer those, at least that I saw. I may have to call Recped's number to get those.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 16 of 39
latest reply

It's a new product, being introduced with the price increases in May. They are rolling Air Letter and Global Priority into one new category, with flat-rate options - 20lb maximum for $37.00. Not sure about the dimensions of the box.

http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/bulletin/2007/html/pb22203a/imm_rates.7.5.html

Ann
Message 17 of 39
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
HI Zarzuella

Thanks for the link and the information.

Have not logged into here for a while and saw the information.

I will be checking out the link.

Al
Message 18 of 39
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
BUMP
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

mmc-super
Community Member
No free boxes from Canada Post but they do offer those lovely ebay.ca plastic bags, with a 50 piece count limit, I believe.
Message 20 of 39
latest reply