USA to Canada shipping time?

It's December 14, if I order something today will I get it before Christmas?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hello 'mylesmorriseau1' 

<< It's December 14, if I order something today will I get it before Christmas?>>

Highly unlikely, unless you buy from your neighbour across the street.   . . .  From the US?    Nope.  

Even if there were not whacking great back-logs of mail due to Christmas, a parcel coming from the US 

might not arrive in under 2 weeks.  And if you are foolhardy enough to order an item from a seller using 

the Global Shipping Program, your parcel may end up in Japan or New Zealand.  

So if you are ogling something that you reaaallly want to buy for someone, -- you could order the item here 

online and then buy a gift from a local shop so that you have something to put under a tree.

Then, whenever your online purchase arrives, you can wrap up and offer the gift at that time.  Everyone 

likes getting presents.  If you are sufficiently fond of the person to buy the gift in the first place, -- why then 

restrict this generosity to one day a year?  

Just a though. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

At this time of year, if you need something in time for Christmas, you will have to purchase domestically and choose the fastest, most expensive postage service possible.

Double-check with your seller FIRST that they can ship it in time to meet your needs.

Have your postal code ready and DO NOT use an echeck to pay. It will take three to five business days to clear and the seller cannot ship until it does.

Within Canada, we have SEVEN business days left for shipping and that is only if your seller ships same-day and you want delivery on the 23rd. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

No.

Unless you are Ukrainian Orthodox and celebrate later than Canadians using the Georgian calendar.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

mokmo02
Community Member

It won't.
Ordered something from California on nov. 27th, it stayed 10 days at the international sorting facility and it's been in the canadian customs for 3 days now. The ridiculous delay on the american side can't really be explained (It's going to eastern Canada, it's not like it's across 2 continents!) so i'm hoping it'll get quickly through customs.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@mokmo02 wrote:

Ordered something from California on nov. 27th, it stayed 10 days at the international sorting facility and it's been in the canadian customs for 3 days now. The ridiculous delay on the american side can't really be explained (It's going to eastern Canada, it's not like it's across 2 continents!) 

My guess is that in an effort to control costs, your item was put aside in the hope that other items also destined for your neck of the woods would be able to join it and be shipped out at the same time.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply