Unable to pay because of sellers suspended paypal. Unpaid Case opened on me!

I cannot pay for an item won on September 30th, despite many many tries. Dozens. The sellers paypal is suspended, Ebay has opened a case automatically. What do I do? We all know the help center is a complete joke.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unable to pay because of sellers suspended paypal. Unpaid Case opened on me!

Do nothing! Let it run it's course. Once the powers that be realize what's happened you won't be held responsible. As long as you've made an attempt to pay but couldn't I'd say you're in the clear. If a warm body contacts you or asks for information just pass on what you posted here: made the attempt, his account is suspended, therefore..........................

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Unable to pay because of sellers suspended paypal. Unpaid Case opened on me!

Have you ever had an Unpaid Item Dispute before that you lost?

Worst case, you get a Strike for the UID.

If this is your very first, eBay will remove it on request on the basis that anyone can make a mistake. Once. And you have an even better reason.

Or you have one Strike, which as long as you don't get another, will not affect your ability to bid.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

What mistake? The buyer has by his own accord been trying to pay for whatever it was he bought and can't complete the deal! The sellers Paypal account has been suspended for whatever reason. This has nothing to do with the buyer!

In this case regardless of whoever you are you'd have bought something not knowing that you couldn't pay for it so where's the buyers mistake?

On the other hand if the seller has done something untoward that made P.P. suspend him for a time period then he knows because he's been notified of the suspension yet has continued selling even though he knows full well the buy cannot be completed.

So I'd say even though the buyer feels that 'help & contact' is next to useless he should still spend a few minutes and attempt to talk to a live body. Once he has he's covered all his bases and shouldn't be held responsible for a sellers dishonesty on any level.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mickeypowpow wrote:

I cannot pay for an item won on September 30th, despite many many tries. Dozens. The sellers paypal is suspended, Ebay has opened a case automatically. What do I do?

When your attempts to pay failed -- did you contact the seller and ask if they had the correct paypal address linked for that item?

If you couldn't work it out with the seller then you should have requested that they cancel the sale.

As for what you do now, try contacting eBay via "Help & Contact", then "Contact eBay" then from "Buying" select "Appeal an unpaid item case"

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@mickeypowpow wrote:

I cannot pay for an item won on September 30th, despite many many tries. Dozens. The sellers paypal is suspended, Ebay has opened a case automatically. What do I do?

When your attempts to pay failed -- did you contact the seller and ask if they had the correct paypal address linked for that item?

If you couldn't work it out with the seller then you should have requested that they cancel the sale.

As for what you do now, try contacting eBay via "Help & Contact", then "Contact eBay" then from "Buying" select "Appeal an unpaid item case"

It is not  the buyers responsibility to  fix the sellers mistakes.

The seller should have had the correct information.

The buyer should NOT (ever)  request  a sale be cancelled  when they want the item.  By asking for cancellation it makes it appear that the buyer was at fault.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you to everyone for the replies. I contacted the seller again, and they confirmed issues with their paypal and they started a cancellation request for me, and I accepted it. I wanted the item, so that was terrible, but at least I didn't get a strike. LOL

Message 7 of 7
latest reply