Unfair Negative Feedback - No Recourse?

eqqus.saddlery
Community Member
Yesterday we got slammed with a surprise neg.

"Paid..but never got my purchase...never got answers to my emails!"

HUH? Last time I heard from this buyer was mid January. She never emailed us before she posted the negative.

So I traced her shipment and discovered that it had been delivered almost a month prior w/ a signature POD - I sent this POD from FEDEX to the buyer via email (it's a PDF from FEDEX) to the buyer.

Her response?

"Could be that I am confused...but I have not seen the girth. We have been traveling a lot lately,
so it may be possible that it was delivered while we were gone. Please fax the POD to 000-000-000"

I got this AFTER I had already sent her the POD. She hasn't replied to the mutual withdraw of this neg. I guess she's not going to.

I can live with an odd, yet totally unjustified, neg if I have to. I posted a follow-up comment with the tracking number and yeah, I left her a neg as well.

BUT ... now I have 4 other buyers emailing comments and threatening to give me another neg if I do not reply instantly. These people are threaten negs for long delivery ... they JUST PAID for gawds sake ... items have been in transit 2 - 3 days tops ... Sorry captain, the transporters are offline!

Is there absolutely NO RECOURSE in cases like this? NOTHING aside the buyer agreeing to a mutual withdrawal?

I mean I can PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt this item was delivered ... signed for ... at the confirmed PayPal address ... and I can produce a signed POD.

Or do I just have to "suck it up" and carry on?

Image hosting by Photobucket
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

jakeeangel
Community Member
Short answer, no. Sucks? YES!! Sorry. (((((hugs to you)))))

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

eqqus.saddlery
Community Member
Hi Jakee! I kinda thought that.

That is a policy that needs some serious re-thinking. If a seller can pony up a SIGNED POD to a CONFIRMED PAYPAL address and eBay can verify with a few clicks - a neg. feedback comment left for non-receipt should be removed or at least neutralized. SHOULD be in a perfect world I guess and I also guess eBay doesn't agree.

I just had an LC Rep. tell me to file a mutual withdraw right after I told him that I already had - gotta love those guys sometimes.

Thanks for the hugs Jakee - I'm gonna go crawl under my desk now.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

mtfman
Community Member
Pull there user info and see if the phone # works , if it does not. Then your feedback could be removed
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

eqqus.saddlery
Community Member
Got 'er pulled. Phew.

I guess the buyer noted that I had posted the FEDEX tracking number in my -ve to her as well as posting a follow up to the -ve she issued for non receipt which showed the item was delivered and signed for.

Thankfully they were able to find the item.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

wsboyd
Community Member
Heh, got you beat.
Buyer claimed Non-Receipt for Item won @ Xmas time & shipped 'Expedited' (Surface for newbies out there), Insured & Tracking #. (# untracked after it left Canada)

Buyer told "2 to 8 weeks due to Xmas mail delays". Buyer screamed blue murder & cussed me out when it had not arrived (in the USA) THREE (3) business days after mailing.

PayPay refunded $$ to him.
I appealed & lost.
I filed for a FVF refund due to non-delivery.
Buyer THEN claims it DID arrive (cursing me out again), so my FYF Refund was denied.
He leaves me Pos. Feedback & says he will only pay me if I reciprocate.

I send all this to PayPal, asking for my $$ to be UN-refunded to me.

They said that as he had only admitted to me & eBay, not to PayPal, that it arrived OK, I was out of luck.

I looked up Feedback & found that "fraud, liar, cheater, scam artist, con man" were allowed examples. So that's wht he got from me.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwsboyd
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

yogagirlvancouver
Community Member
Hi!

I'm not sure if this will help you, BUT, I had a terrible buyer and actually WON in the end!
Pay Pal is BRUTAL to deal with, BUT persistence can pay off! In short, here's what happened: a TERRIBLE buyer bought a BRAND NEW item from me, and left me poitive feed back, but then applied for a chargeback, stateing that the item was "stained, used" etc... total lies! BUT I thought TRUTH is on my side, so I'll trust the process (naive, I know...)

Anyways, Pay Pal ruled in his favour, WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME FOR ANY PROOF (WHICH I HAD!!!), and Pay Pal, anyways, told me that the Buyer would retuen my item and THEY would refund his money out of my account!

NOW HERE'S THE SCAM: He DID send out a parcel and gave them the tracking number, and so they took the $ out of my account, BUT NO ONE at PAY PAL BOTHERED to check that he has the parcel sent BACK TO HIMSELF!!! (can you believe it?! ...what a crook!)

Anyways, I called Pay Pal and was told to file an appeal. I DID this, and after 2 weeks, they CLOSED the case without even contacting me! I caled them back to ask what happened, they said if I didn't like it I should file an appeal, I said I had, and NO ONE over there seemed to know what was going on!

BUT, FINALLY, I asked to speak to a supervisor (after 8 long phone calls to pay pal!) The supervisor was RUDE and asked why I even asked for them. Anyways, after going throught the LONG description of events YET AGAIN, she said tehre was nothing they could do. I INSISTED this was NOT acceptable. This buyer commited FRAUD - he DID NOT return the item. She said he provided a tracking number - I said he sent it TO HIMSELF!!! (not me). She ADMITTED that Pay Pal does not require that they sender VERIFY that the tracking number reflect that its actually GOING WHERE its SUPPOSED TO (can you believe it?!)

I INSISTED this is a FLAWED system, that I am a great Pay Pal customer, earn lots of $ for them and ebay, and that this was UNacceptable.
AFTER AN HOUR of conversation (you might be surprised to hear this) she said: "well, this is NOT our fault, but we'll authorize a 'one time credit' AND the money was put back BY PAY PAL into my account!

So, even though my customer was fraudelent and basically got away with stealing my item, I still got my $ back.

I though you should know as PAY PAL SUPERVISORS do have this power, and it took an HOUR and SEVERAL phone calls to get it, but I DID finally get justice 🙂
Hope this help you 🙂
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ohhh, SO MUCH work, so much aggravation, so much stress and unfairness and anger for us...and it usually gets us nowhere (though I am glad to hear that at least one person - yogagirlvancouver - got justice)

I don't know why it has to be so hard. It is 100% uncalled for for a business to run like that (Paypal, I'm talking about). I had similar trouble. I sent a package to an international customer who inisited on surface mail, and no tracking (I know...that sounds suspicious, but he said he wanted the cheapest shipping, and I can understand that...shipping is expensive internationally). I told him at least 3 months to arrive (by boat and at Christmas).

A month later he was going on and on about fraud and this and that, and how I hadn't sent it, etc. He complained to ebay and Paypal, they forced the money out of my account and then he became a "no longer registered user". Yeah...like that's not fishy. I fought it, (but not to yogagirlvancouver 's extent) and lost...or should I say, never got a response despite my many attempts.

:(
Message 8 of 8
latest reply