Unsubscribe from annoying GSP program emails? Why no unsubscribe link?

1. How does one go about unsubscribing from the annoying "We are writing to confrim that your GSP item has been delivered to the carrier"?

2. Why don't these emails have an unsubscribe link in them? The new Canadian anti-spam law requires a quick and easy way to unsubscribe from future emails in all commercial email.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

xeposter
Community Member

@terminalcity wrote:

1. How does one go about unsubscribing from the annoying "We are writing to confrim that your GSP item has been delivered to the carrier"?

2. Why don't these emails have an unsubscribe link in them? The new Canadian anti-spam law requires a quick and easy way to unsubscribe from future emails in all commercial email.

Some email providers have settings where you can block email addresses from sending you emails, but of course if you did this, it would block almost all emails from eBay. There is probably a place where you can change what emails eBay sends you at this page: http://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextNotificationPreferences.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

At last!

Someone else who thinks tracking is useless to the buyer!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you don't want to get any more annoying 'your GSP item has been delivered to the carrier' notices stopping them is very easy and simple. Just don't buy anything from a seller using GSP shipping. Presto! 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

OK I count two not serious answers and one serious answer. For items over about $100, I buy from sellers who use the GSP as it is almost always cheaper and faster than plain old postal. I'm as much against it for lower-priced items as the nexy guy/gal.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

That was a serious answer. I used it several times when it was first initiated before I knew better and it was most definitely NOT faster or cheaper. If you'd be concerned because of the price of whatever it was you bought then most sellers would only be too happy to add a tracking number or signed for registered mail. As for me, I don't see anyone not using GSP wanting over $25.00 to post a single CD. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I've never noticed a shipping fee of $25 for a CD with or without the gsp.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I've got some in my watch list now at $20.73, $20.81, $21.78, $21.80 and about a half dozen more in that range. The stronger dollar has helped lower the rate since I added them but U.S. sellers who don't use GSP are able to post in the $12.00 range. If you look at the U.K. today the first cd I saw with GSP will ship for $28.85 as opposed to $7.50 without which I bought yesterday. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply