Unsuccessful Payment / No Seller Response

I won a bid March 2 and have tried over the last two days to pay.  I received the following message:

" Your payment is still processing. If your payment is declined for some reason, you'll see your items under awaiting payment in my ebay. You should then try your payment later." 

I signed into paypal and find the following error message: "transaction ID in your link is invalid."

The payment shows as unclaimed and the recipient's name unregistered.

I have contacted the seller three times by email to indicate there is a problem and have not received a response. 

Can anyone explain what "transaction ID in your link is invalid" ?

I have made many purchases and have never had problems with payments.

Should I sign into my paypal account and cancel the transaction? Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unsuccessful Payment / No Seller Response

Yes, cancel the transaction.

Contact the seller and explain that apparently the email address he has attached to his PP account is incorrect. It could be something as simple as a typo. Or the cc may have expired and is temporarily invalid.

If you get no response to that, go to the Resolution Centre and choose "my problem is not listed here"

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Unsuccessful Payment / No Seller Response

I have sent numerous emails to the seller and still have not received any responses.  My concern is that if a wrong email address is attached to the paypal account, a wrong email may be attached to the listing, and my emails may not be getting to the seller.

The ebay listing shows an hourglass (payment still processing) and my paypal account shows the payment as unclaimed.

Can the seller claim that I have not paid for this item even if the problem is at his end?

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply