WARNING to BUYERS

HELP!    There is NO customer service in this system?!?

In order to "request total" on about ten old magazines (from same seller) in "my cart". I had to agree to buy.......but only then learned that seller won`t combine all into one package.   So, shipping is over $200.!       This is on ten old magazines from the USA to Canada.

But trying to contact customer service, I find that "EBay" HAS no customer service, only stupid "loops".

How do I cancel this purchase?   I was willing to spend about $100.-, NOT three times that amount.

This is a dishonest practice (forcing one to "agree to buy" BEFORE shipping total) and others need to be warned.

Willi Boepple.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Contact the seller immediately and inform them that you h...

Contact the seller immediately and inform them that you have made multiple purchases and paid shipping for each item.  Hopefully they will figure out what the shipping should be and give you a refund through paypal for any overpayment.  In future I would suggest that you first email the seller and ask them if they combine shipping and if they do, alert them that you can no longer request an invoice when using the shopping cart.  Most sellers will know this and accomodate you.

I have gone through the exact same thing a few weeks ago and the seller did give me a refund for the difference to reflect combined shipping.   I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If the seller refuses to combine shipping then ask them to cancel your purchases. It would be foolish on their part to lose such a sale but then again, why do business with someone like that.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Is the seller in the US or UK and enrolled in the Global Shipping Program?

He can't combine shipping under the GSP. This is another poorly thought out policy of a bloody awful program.

It was set up to protect American (and now British) sellers against their fears of international selling. It was not set up with international buyers in mind.

Now.

Ignore eBay.

Contact your seller. Explain the problem.

Politely ask that the seller re-bill you directly through Paypal, using the Request Money service. She will be able to adjust the shipping there.

Pay with confidence. Paypal has a very strong Buyer Protection Program.

The seller then marks your purchases Paid manually, just as she would if you had come to her house and given her cash.

If she won't, politely ask for a Mutual Cancellation. If she sends one, agree promptly and leave polite positive feedback. "Thank you for your help with outrageous GSP shipping charges." for example.

This releases you both from the transactions. Both can leave feedback.

She doesn't have to agree to either of these. And sellers who are using the GSP are often the most skittish about ... everything, really.

She may start an Unpaid Item Dispute. If you don't pay this (actually there would be more than one) you will get a Strike for Non-payment.

Bad, but if you don't get another for a year, not a problem. (A second Strike will Block you from bidding with most sellers.)

You won't be allowed to leave feedback.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply