WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

The past three weeks I have noticed that my DSR has plummeted, and now has not even move from that position at all.

Has anyone noticed that the Your 30 day/your 12 month comes up first. Instead of Your 12 month/ebay 12 month.

I JUST LOVE TO SEE 4 glaring RED LINES on how poorly I am doing.

Has anyone else noticed any change.

I just like to check once in awhile but the glaring red is quite a shock.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

"Has anyone noticed that the Your 30 day/your 12 month comes up first. Instead of Your 12 month/ebay 12 month."

Yes, that was changed a few weeks ago.

My current 30 day DSRs are fractionally better than my 12 months DSRs but the difference is minuscule. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

Funny how it changed at the same time that the DSR's took a dive.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

jakeeangel
Community Member
I hate that they do that crap. OH NO!! You've dropped from 4.93 to 4.90 RED!!

That's so stupid.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

I know what you mean.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

celticstudio
Community Member
I try not to look at the DSR rating to often since it is pointless, I just do the best job that I can in every area at all times. That said, about 5 days ago I was delighted to see that my DSR ratings were all 4.9 except shipping which has always been a Canadian problem but even it was a 4.8.
Yesterday I checked after receiving only 4 additional feedback comments of which three were highly complimentary. One said just "OK". I was shocked when I looked at my DSR's!! All were red lines with the lowest being for shipping.
There is something funny going on here in the blind calculation of these DSR's. I was looking foward to the 20% discount which will now be zero. Thank goodness that I did not increase my auction listings based on this expected discount.
It is hard to judge my service level when this type of thing happens... I have no clue why my DSR's took such a HUGE drop. I have a 99.8% feedback level.
Anyone else experiencing this type of nonsense?
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

Like I said at the beginning, What the heck!!!

I got in touch with ebay to ask if there was a problem, I had someone who got in touch. I was so mad after that conversation that I fired off a reply to Abigail, but got a different agent who actually read my rant.

Abigail gave the big "this is what you need to do crap", and as I went down the list there was not one thing that I have not incorporated in my listings. etc.

The zinger was when she said my shipping was TOO HIGH, and that when I added the sales tax of $3.00, that I made an extra $3 profit.

Where does this girl have her brains.

In my comeback, I had to explain that I was a registered company, and I had to collect both GST and PST, and remit it too the government every month!!!!

THIS is NOT PROFIT, I do not even get paid for collecting this tax.

I explained how I refund any over payment in shipping, like the $10 I sent just the other day.

Here is Andrea's take on my question:

Hello Lore,

Thank you for writing to back in regard to your DSRs.

With your concern about your DSR's going down, it is possible that as
the 12 months rolls over, you have less DSRs which would cause your
average to go down.

For example, if this time last year, you had 500 samples of DSRs, and
then this year (as of Feb 7) you had 326, your average would be lower if
you had received any lower DSR scores during the preceding year. Which
would cause your average to be slightly lower.

Again, thank you for your email. Please do not hesitate to let us know
if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Andrea L.
eBay Customer Support

This did happen at the end of the year
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

The zinger was when she said my shipping was TOO HIGH, and that when I added the sales tax of $3.00, that I made an extra $3 profit.

One wonders where eBay finds these folks.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

My shipping DSR has always been stuck at 4.8. Darn thos impatient American users that expect to get their package within 2 days. Has anyone else got a negative for shipping taking too long? The one person left me a negative because it took 10 business days to arrive. I contacted ebay about it and they told me tough luck :(.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

glossygirl83
Community Member
I have one customer now who is making me very nervous. She has left multiple feedbacks for items arriving within 10 days.... 10 days!!! like that is long!!!. I mean most my packages arrive within 5-7 but what happens if it's 10 is this customer going to leave me crappy feedback!? I wish E-bay would do something about all this power they have given to the buyers. it really sucks.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

Mention the crappy weather we all have been having would cause a slight delay, but there is nothing you could have done about it, things happen 🙂
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

itchy225
Community Member
I just posted a similar topic looking for help.
I have tried to get things out faster than I have, but my DSR has dropped 2 points since Christmas. I was getting 20% back but its now down to 5%.
In my listings, I have encouraged buyers to look at date on postage,(when it's left my hands) but that hasn't helped.
At least I'm not the only one noticing this!
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

Well my DSR is all over the place
but since I started leaving FB first, things are getting better.
As for shipping and handling, I started putting on my packing slip. FREE SHIPPING etc, I also put on their FB when I mailed their orders.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

avalonmysteries
Community Member
I Have started inculding a letter in all my parcels.
explaing the dsr system ext...
and i ut a sticker on the front of the envelope
bright red stating" 5 Star shipping" you.r item was shipped with in 48 hours.
in the one onth i have been doing this my dsrs are all
4.87 to 4.93 and rising.
It works!
if youd like a copy of the letter.
email me

Marg
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

zeetoner
Community Member

Brace yourselves -

DSR's are going to get worse - MUCH worse

Any low DSR's can be given by a buyer and you almost always will lose the discount -

Why the disoucnt is based on low DSRs is totally ridiculous and beyond my comprehension.

IF the shipment (with tracking) is shipped and arrive in the scheduled /allotted tiem stated - the buyer can STILL give a low DSR and there is NOTHING that you can do - God knows I TRIED!!!

We must find a way to change this crazy system - if a buyer has a bad day or is simply trying to sabotage a seller - it is now EASIER than ever t destroy sellers.

Yes - most buyers are pretty good about this - but the one nasty one (actually 3 or more) can ruin your status and your discount

What the heck is going on?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

I stopped looking and worrying about my DSRs about a year ago.It was almost an obsession with me.I give it 100% everyday and if thats not good enough for others than thats just the way it is.I try not to worry about things I cannot control. I dont check my dashboard at all.I know what a good job I do and try to do with my little on line business.I treat everyone with respect regardless of the circumstances.Life is too short for the 1-2% of customers who you can't satisfy no matter how hard you try.I use to call Support every once in a while but stopped doing that as well.I get much better results and advice right here.

Best move I ever made was to stop worrying about all that stuff.May not work for everyone but works for me...

play well & play often !!!!

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

WHAT'S WITH THE DSR

I had a buddy who sold on here and had account closed stating he charged to much to ship to the US when they charged $1.50 less then all acutal shipping cost.. He even sent a letter to the CEO and they replied thew same thing that they would not reopen his account because he charged to much for US shipping and when he sent proof that he was charging less then it actually was he never got a reply

Message 17 of 17
latest reply