Weird shipment tracking

paulygco
Community Member
So I live in Ontario and bought an item from California. The tracking has been acting really weird. It's been scanned in the same places multiple times. Just last night, the package was processed through ICS Los Angeles. Thirty minutes later, the packages departs from Toronto. Now, more than twelve hours later, the package arrived back in LA. What's going on?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Weird shipment tracking

"the packages departs from Toronto"

I suspect someone, somewhere, entered (or scanned) the wrong information into the computer.

Stuff does not move that fast.  Looking at your seller, he appears to ship directly, not through GSP.

Give it a few days and check again on Wednesday.  You may have a better picture by then.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Weird shipment tracking

marnotom!
Community Member

Do you have the item?  Does the tracking say it's reached you?

If the answer is "no" on both counts, then the tracking is as accurate as it needs to be.  🙂

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Weird shipment tracking

Tracking has one purpose.

To prove that the item has arrived and that the buyer who complains that it hasn't is wrong.

It's a Seller Protection device.

But it has the amusing side effect of driving buyers who compulsively watch tracking bonkers.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Weird shipment tracking

"driving buyers who compulsively watch tracking bonkers."

I still remember, many years ago, a shipment of ten boxes coming from New Jersey through UPS.  The online tracking showed the shipment had cleared Canada Customs and was on its way, expected to be delivered the next day.   Good!

The next morning I checked and the shipment was back in New Jersey according to the online tracking - minutes before the UPS driver showed with my ten boxes!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply