What can I do when an item I shipped to a US buyer is undeliverable and is being returned.

I shipped a item to a US buyer and it was undeliverable because person not there, so the tracking says it is going to be returned at my cost. The shipping label was correct and printed through paypal. I contacted buyer who wants it sent to another address once I get it back. What do I do because to reship it again will cost me and I did everything right. Is this covered by any protection and if it is how?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re:What can I do when an item I shipped to a US buyer is undeliverable and is being returned.

oskye
Community Member

The buyer is responsible for the additional shipping fees - including what you had to pay for the return postage.

"If you shipped the item to the address on the eBay Order details page or the PayPal Transaction details page, and it was returned, please contact the buyer to work out a solution. If the buyer still wants the item, he or she will need to ...send the buyer a PayPal invoice for this cost. When you ship an item, be sure to use tracking and em..."

See:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/shipping-problems.html

Message 2 of 2
latest reply