What happens when you block a buyer?

If I were to block a person from buying from me, will they be informed in any way that they were blocked? Will they no longer be able to see the item or any of my other items? Can they contact me at all?

Background: I have the "Best Offer" option on one of my listings, and I'm getting ridiculous solicitations from a certain user, followed by about 7 messages in the past 3 days asking why I wont accept their offers/making other offers.  The item is a jacket that retailed for $50, is brand new, and I am selling it for $30, and this person has made offers of $5, $10, and $15, plus they want free shipping. I suppose it's my fault for having the Best Offer option and not setting it to automatically decline such low offers, but I've also never had someone be this unreasonable. They aren't being threatening in any way, just annoying. Even if this person buys the jacket for full price, I'm worried they'll leave negative feedback in retaliation. Can I just be safe and block this person?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes. One or two emails are reasonable, but lowballers and...

They won't be informed when you block them but they will see a pop up message when they try to message you or make an offer or bid.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

They won't be informed when you block them but they will see a pop up message when they try to message you or make an offer or bid.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes. One or two emails are reasonable, but lowballers and bottom feeders make horrible customers. I swear the less they pay for something the more unhappy they are about it.

Protect yourself and block. Some sales are not worth having.

On the third hand, Winners discounts more than you are. I saw several racks of in-season clothing at the Bay on Friday priced at 70% off. The markup on clothing is very high.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply